Solved

Rcs

• 23 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

So I'm curious on if and why tmobile support RCS for the Samsung messages app? Not the Google messages app the samsung own dedicated app. Would love to know if they do and if not why not.

icon

Best answer by tidbits 23 April 2024, 11:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Because all carriers around the world are having trouble with interloping. They are just dropping their own and letting Google handle it. Google has made messages default for AAndroid. Samsung has also in some regions made theirs uninstallable and if you FDR it'll no longer be on your phone. 

Personally I think the only way Samsung would have their own and support RCS is if Google made an API for Jibe which so far Google hasn't expressed they will do so. Cynic in me wonders if Google caused interloping problems just for user data collection, but that's for another discussion. 

Badge

Possible. I just prefer the more simple looking UI of the Samsung Messaging app over the overly complicated looking UI of Google messages. Also hate the Grey scale dark mode that's not really dark mode. Along with a few other cosmetic issues I dispise about using Google messages. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

It is what it is. Not much we can do but accept it. The only Samsung Messages will stay is IF Google makes an API which will allow all 3rd party messaging apps be able to use Jibe. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

As much as I like the look of Samsung Messages better as well.  Development for the North American version of the app has pretty much been discontinued by Samsung in favor of Google Messages.  This is more than likely why T-Mobile maintains the RCS service for it where Google Messages uses Jibe.