Question

refund

• 16 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge

When should I be getting my refund of $54.15 I requested a refund like a week ago why is it taking soo long?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

There are no refunds on Prepaid accounts.  On Postpaid, a credit is issued on the account.  Refunds are usually only giving if there is a credit balance on am account when closed that is sent out to the billing address that was on the accoumt within 6-8 weeks normally.

Badge

I just got off the phone with customer service they told me my refund is in process my name deshaun Gary  email  my old phone number is my 6 digit pin is can u look it up for me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

what does it say right below his post? a little cyber security goes a long ways..avoid posting personal info.

for the love of god dont post stuff like that. if you can still bottom right of your post is 3 dots. click that and see if it’ll allow you to edit. edit out every personal thing in there. yeet it

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This is a peer help forum for T-Mobile customers to seek help from other T-Mobile customers.  No one here can access your account.  You need to contact Customer Care, change your account PIN immediately, and they can also help you fins out the status of your refund.

Badge

I already closed that account I'm just checking on my refund sir

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you’ll need to contact TMO either by calling in or by Facebook/Twitter..no one in here can assist with this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You can still contact T-Mobile through one of the following methods.  Customer Care by calling: 1-800-937-8997, or by reaching out to T-Mobile on Facebook or Twitter by sending them a DM (direct message).

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Waiting on a refund can be suspenseful and stressful until the money shows up in your account. The timeframe on refunds can vary based on the situation. The person that you spoke to over the phone should have provided you the timing based on your situation, but I can provide the normal expectations. Closed accounts automatically refund any credit balance 30 days after the date of cancellation. The refund usually takes about 10 days to receive through the mail. This could be delayed if there is any activity on the account after the cancellation like an additional payment or other charges hitting the account. 

I just got off the phone with customer service they told me my refund is in process my name deshaun Gary  email  my old phone number is my 6 digit pin is can u look it up for me?

In this post you said that the person told you the refund is “in process”. Did you cancel your account less than 30 days ago? Did that person tell you if you were getting a prepaid MasterCard in the mail or a refund to your original payment method?

We do not have access to any accounts here on the Community, so I cannot see these details. Please do not post your account number and especially not your pin on public forums. Even on closed accounts, that is a huge risk.