Question

Safe to Update to Android 12 OnePlus 9 5G?

• 18 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I had to downgrade to 11 back in May after the forced update to 12 in April. I keeps telling me that the update that I had to downgrade from LE2117_11.C.16 is available but I see that the OnePlus Pro 9 users got the update to 19. Is the same true for the non-Pro devices? Is it as buggy as it has been for the OnePlus Pro 9 users? Does Microsoft InTune work with it?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have never used Microsoft InTune so I don’t know.  Personally, I would say stick with 11.  However, some people seem to like the mashup code mess that the Oxygen and Color OS code merge has brought.  To each their own though.  In terms of stability and reliability, I would suggest staying on Android 11 until the update to Android 13 is available for your device.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have not been having issues in genearl with the new android 12 update on oneplus 9 5G.

I have had a few issues with Android AUTO. However those are not related to the phone they are genearl issues with recent android auto versions.

I am now running beta versions of android auto.

other then that its been fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I have not been having issues in genearl with the new android 12 update on oneplus 9 5G.

I have had a few issues with Android AUTO. However those are not related to the phone they are genearl issues with recent android auto versions.

I am now running beta versions of android auto.

other then that its been fine.

13 is currently in development for you guys.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/support/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Android 13 for the OnePlus 9 5G is coming along nicely.  It’s not perfect but it’s significantly more stable and less buggy than the latest builds of Android 12 for OnePlus devices.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

was gonna say it couldnt exactly be any worse than 12 was lol.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Android 13 will be a very solid update.  It might actually put some confidence back into consumers buying their products.