Question

Samsun S10 Plus waiting on Tmobile to release Android 12

• 13 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge

Samsung already released the update of Android 12 to all S10 Plus devices. Also all other major carriers have released it as well (AT&T, Verizon, etc)

My device is an unlocked Samsung I purchased directly from Samsung. Why have I not received the update even while I try to push it through SETTINGS>SOFTWARE UPDATE >DOWNLOAD & INSTALL

A friend who works for t-mobile told me that t-mobile like to delay the updates to push clients to trade up their devices. If that is true I will be one passed long time customer leaving the network 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Your friend is misinformed.  T-Mobile provides very little to updates outside of carrier aggregation settings, some modem optimizations, and some bloatware.  Updates for all devices from any manufacturer, are developed, compiled, and pushed by the manufacturer.  Verizon and AT&T have always come first when it comes to updates based on the amount of devices each carrier purchases for resale.  It’s plain and simple good business to take care of your biggest customers first.