Question

samsung a11 no failed message alert

• 9 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

When I message a picture it sometimes does not get sent. I am not notified or alerted.  Usually, the receiving person asks “Where is the pic you were sending?” If I go back to the failed message, I see a minus sign next to the pic. I then resend.  How do I get alerted when this failure happens? My guess: not a feature

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

should be a feature within the texting apps settings.

and is it only pic texts you have a hard time sending or pic texts/group texts? pic and group texts (and very long winded texts equaling multiple pages) need a data connection to send/receive..are you having any data issues? does it mainly happen when you are on the TMO network? while on wifi?

Badge

Thanks for the reply.  The failure is random and infrequent.  It always involves a pic(s), but only 1-3.  I am usually sending via wifi, 

While a concern is that there is a failure, my main concern is not knowing that the failure occurred…...without an alert.  The trigger is there (the minus sign by the pic) but there’s no action to create a notification.

Like I said, I can always resend, but that’s not the point.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

same answer though..the notification options for failed etc texts should be within the texting apps settings.  its a Samsung app so if it isnt you might have to check out their forums to see if it was removed or moved to another weird location within their app.