Question

Samsung A32 Issue

• 20 May 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge

My wife and I took advantage of the no cost Samsung A32 5G phone promotion.   We both switched over our existing phones.  We have since had to switch back to our previous phones due to a very annoying issue on both phones.  The phones randomly do not respond to finger tap inputs on the screen.  Randomly it will not open when we tap an icon for a program or not enter a key when it is typed on the keyboard.  Eventually, after multiple taps the expected response will happen.   Since this happened to both of us on different phones and that the issue is not present on our previous Motorola phones I have to assume the issue is with the A32 phone.   I have run the screen test and it shows all good.   I also know that is it not caused by too many programs open as it happens with no programs open.  Also, if I touch another icon on a different part of the screen it opens immediately.   I thought I could change the touch sensitivity but that option is not available from Samsung.   

I am hoping this can be resolved by T-Mobile or Samsung.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you might jump over to Samsungs forums and see what all has been said about it over there...the fix will be coming from Samsung anyways..but there might be some work arounds or fixes posted over there.

Badge

Thanks for the quick feedback.  We have resolved the issue (I think).  It turns out that when I upgraded to the 5G phone, the associate at the T-Mobile store did not tell me that I also needed to upgrade the SIM card from my existing 4G LTE device.   I spoke the tech from T-Mobile and after our discussion he asked it the SIM had been replaced.  When I told him “no” he said it should have been and noted it on my account page.  He told me bring the phone back to the store and they would change out the SIM.  They did, and all is working well for now.

Thanks for posting this issue. I’m having exactly the same thing. 

Badge

I am wondering how 5G and sim card updating  involved in screen responding.

Badge

I just purchased my A32 5G at the store and the csr set it up for me, I assume there is a new sim card and I am having the difficult touch problem. I see if I change from the “button” option to the “swipe” option there is a touch sensitivity option. I do not want to give up the buttons. And it is still too hard to push icons, letters, etc.!

I do not get the same options under “display” as shown in other videos. “touch sensitivity” does not show up under “navigation”. Maybe they did not give me a new sim card. This is horribly frustrating. Worst and most frustrating phone I have ever had in 18 years with t-mobile! 

I switched over a few weeks ago & Im also having the same issue. Today my VM reset & is requesting me to create & set it up again. When you call my cell the vm comes on with its normal greeting. 

Badge

Thanks for replying with your issue. I, too, am having all kinds of strange things happening. I do wonder if it has to do with the sim card. I am not going to be able to deal with this phone. I can’t type messages, and I have to hit keys very hard and it still does not respond. I guess I will go into the store, but I can’t do that until after the first of the year.