Solved

Samsung Galaxy XCover6 Pro // Samsung Galaxy Xcover Pro 2 availability for TMobile?

Badge

Is there a schedule of availability for and from T-Mobile in the USA for the Samsung Galaxy XCover6 Pro, also known as the Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro 2, released 2022-July-13?

I see that it has band 41 for 5G, band 12 for XR 4G LTE, Bands 2, 5, 4 and 66 for 4G LTE...even covers 3G and 2G bands, so it SEEMS suitable for TMo to me, but I’m just comparing screens of data. :)

I also see that it’s selectable from https://www.t-mobile.com/support/tutorials/devices//samsung so, I’m hopeful. :)

If there’s somewhere I can find information like this as a non-employee user, please educate me!

icon

Best answer by everjenk 4 November 2022, 17:41

View original

13 replies

The lack of response on this is a little jarring. Its a phone that's 2 months old and no sign of support or carrying?

Badge +1

Looks like it's out for Verizon. Customer support has no information on the phone. It looks like the support page has been fleshed out though so that is a good sign. I saw 11/10 as another release date so I am hoping it drops here by then.

Badge +1

The phone can be ordered from Samsung for t-mobile. 

Badge +1

Turns out you can't buy the phone even though tmobile shows up. It said it can't be purchased at this time. 

It just became available to the US market on October 20th, and, so far as of today, Verizon is the only carrier to pick it up. 

You might be able to buy the phone, but, you need to make sure it has access to enough T-Mobile bands to be of use

Badge

Thanks for the updates. :) Yeah, I think the bands might be lacking, but then again, my current phone has  no 5G bands either, so….

Lack of a user-removable battery is a showstopper for me, so pickings have been slim for a while. :)

Badge +1

You can now order from Samsung. Is says ships by 11/25. 

Badge +1

I ordered the phone last night and it should be here Monday or Tuesday. It would not let me select the tmobile one so I bought the unlocked after confirming it was the us version and I could return it if there were activation problems. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I ordered the phone last night and it should be here Monday or Tuesday. It would not let me select the tmobile one so I bought the unlocked after confirming it was the us version and I could return it if there were activation problems. 

T-Mobile doesn’t require a device to be activated to use on their service.  You put your working SIM in it and if the device has the band support for what is deployed where you are using it, it will work.  All bands that T-Mobile uses though are not deployed everywhere and what is deployed in a particular area or region has a lot of variables factoring into those decisions.  

Did the phone arrive?  If so, does it seem to work OK?

Badge +1

So the phone arrived Wednesday afternoon. I tried to swap everything and activate it myself. For some reason the phone would  ot accept my Sim card out of my s20 ultra. I had to run to the local t-mobile store. After about 30 minutes I was up and running. Xcover6 has 5g uc. I was not impressed by the speed from inside my home 60mbps. I just did it before from the work break room and it was 440-490 mbps so that was more impressive. I'll post more of my impressions as I continue to evaluate the phone. 

Badge +1

the phone works well so far. I find the scrolling a little Jerkey so that may be a screen setting with 120hz. also I can't seem to send a voice text on android auto. I have a different post for that. Fast charging is not very fast at all but I have a no name battery and oem from ebay as backups. I picked up a no name battery charger. I keep looking for a fast charger that actually lives up to its name. they all seems to be 3.8v regardless of the price or manufacturer.