Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Preorders?

• 3 September 2020
  • 92 replies

Badge

I’ve noticed that AT&T and Verizon have already begun preorders for the new Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2….Any idea when T Mobile might join? I read somewhere that TMO isn’t doing preorders but will have the phones available at launch on September 18. Can anyone confirm?

92 replies

I think my stores are appointments only so how the hell is that gonna work out. 

Hmmmmm, well I better head up there tomorrow to make an appointment....lol   this is silly

Userlevel 2

I'm such an addict that going to the store will be my best bet to get the bronze on day one. 

Same..I hate to have to go but i too feel it's the only way to get it. I have a feeling a lot of people want this phone. Seems like TMO doesn't feel the same way and are iffy about carrying it... Is it time to switch carriers? Lol. I've been with TMO for so long and am still on the grandfather plan. Sigh. I'm so disappointed in them..

I'm such an addict that going to the store will be my best bet to get the bronze on day one. 

Same..I hate to have to go but i to get it's the only way to get it. I have a feeling a lot of people want this phone. Seems like TMO doesn't feel the same way and are iffy about carrying it... Is it time to switch carriers? Lol. I've been with TMO for so long and am still on the grandfather plan. Sigh. I'm so disappointed in them..

I still appreciate Tmo but they dropped the ball on this one. I saw on phonearena that pre orders for the fold 2 were doing very well so, there seems to be good interest. I saved up for this phone when I talked myself out of the 1st fold. I have never been so excited for a device, never! 

Userlevel 2

Same..I hate to have to go but i to get it's the only way to get it. I have a feeling a lot of people want this phone. Seems like TMO doesn't feel the same way and are iffy about carrying it... Is it time to switch carriers? Lol. I've been with TMO for so long and am still on the grandfather plan. Sigh. I'm so disappointed in them..

I still appreciate Tmo but they dropped the ball on this one. I saw on phonearena that pre orders for the fold 2 were doing very well so, there seems to be good interest. I saved up for this phone when I talked myself out of the 1st fold. I have never been so excited for a device, never! 

I do too but I'm just so upset this time around. They're normally great with pre-orders and whatnot. I haven't been this excited in a long time too. I don't remember the last time I was this excited for a release. Maybe the galaxy s8? Lol. I just hope we all are about to get one.

I do too but I'm just so upset this time around. They're normally great with pre-orders and whatnot. I haven't been this excited in a long time too. I don't remember the last time I was this excited for a release. Maybe the galaxy s8? Lol. I just hope we all are about to get one.

They are acting like it's 2000...Lol.  Who doesn't want to take my 2k upfront. 

Went into a tmo store today and they still don’t know anything about this phone.  The manager says he’s expecting an email later today about it.  I just don’t understand this.  So nw we’ve missed out on  all of the other pre order deals waiting on them.  I’m starting to be concerned if they are even getting this phone next week.  

Userlevel 2

Went into a tmo store today and they still don’t know anything about this phone.  The manager says he’s expecting an email later today about it.  I just don’t understand this.  So nw we’ve missed out on  all of the other pre order deals waiting on them.  I’m starting to be concerned if they are even getting this phone next week.  

Thanks for going in to find out. But wow, that is very concerning. I guess we'll need to both them later today to make sure they're not bs-ing about expecting an email in regards to the phone. I shouldn't be stressing over a phone but I definitely am with this release. Were 8 days away..

I would hate to ditch TMO cause of this but might have to consider if they continue to be like this.

Thanks for going in to find out. But wow, that is very concerning. I guess we'll need to both them later today to make sure they're not bs-ing about expecting an email in regards to the phone. I shouldn't be stressing over a phone but I definitely am with this release. Were 8 days away..

I would hate to ditch TMO cause of this but might have to consider if they continue to be like this.

I reached out to T-force and they keep sending me their link to their newsroom which doesn’t show anything. I am actually looking at verizon to price things out. I know its silly to do this over a phone but like it was mentioned, we are 8 days away with no info. The only info they have is that it will be released on the 18th but they dont know if its select stores or online. It’s just beyond frustrating that they are doing this. 

Userlevel 2

I reached out to T-force and they keep sending me their link to their newsroom which doesn’t show anything. I am actually looking at verizon to price things out. I know its silly to do this over a phone but like it was mentioned, we are 8 days away with no info. The only info they have is that it will be released on the 18th but they dont know if its select stores or online. It’s just beyond frustrating that they are doing this. 

I feel you. I was comparing prices with Verizon and At&t too. Like if we don't get info by the end of this week or even early next week, I might consider a switch. It is very frustrating. All we're really asking for are details regarding the phone. We just want more info, why is it so hard?  

Wondering what the managers email was. Contacted my store and they still have no clue what it is. They try to sell me on the ZFlip. 

Tmobile just told me that they may not have any pricing information until launch day...

It's sad but at this point I'm not surprised. Gonna be pissed if they run out before I can get it. 

It's sad but at this point I'm not surprised. Gonna be pissed if they run out before I can get it. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they won't carry it. They announced that they would carry the fold one but to my knowledge never did. I never saw it on their site 

It wouldn't surprise me if they won't carry it. They announced that they would carry the fold one but to my knowledge never did. I never saw it on their site 

I feel like Samsung messed that up though by putting it out too soon.  6 days until launch and still no information.  

I feel like Samsung messed that up though by putting it out too soon.  6 days until launch and still no information.  

Not sure how its Samsungs fault on this one. If that was the case, Verizon and AT&T still wouldn't have it  either. 

Not sure how its Samsungs fault on this one. If that was the case, Verizon and AT&T still wouldn't have it  either. 

Fold 1, buddy. Samsung rushed it out.

Fold 1, buddy. Samsung rushed it out.

oh pfffttt haha. Disregard my comment. Im on the tail end of COVID… been very cloudy

Just found this:

"We are not doing pre-orders on the Galaxy Z Fold 2 at T-Mobile – it will be available online/in-stores on September 18."

source: https://www.phonearena.com/news/best-samsung-galaxy-z-fold-2-5g-deals-prices-t-mobile-verizon-att_id126895

Just found this:

"We are not doing pre-orders on the Galaxy Z Fold 2 at T-Mobile – it will be available online/in-stores on September 18."

source: https://www.phonearena.com/news/best-samsung-galaxy-z-fold-2-5g-deals-prices-t-mobile-verizon-att_id126895

That’s progress. I wish we knew what the down payment would be. I would say around $600

Just found this:

That’s progress. I wish we knew what the down payment would be. I would say around $600

Yeah, who knows. Im sure it will be high. 

Why would it be high...others are doing 30 months with 0 down payment

Userlevel 2

Why would it be high...others are doing 30 months with 0 down payment

I know..it would be crazy if it's that high when all other carriers have no down payment..

Broke down and pre ordered from Samsung on Monday,  got my phone yesterday.  Its effin awesome! 

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200917005544/en/Landing-at-T-Mobile-Samsung-Galaxy-Z-Fold2-5G-and-Galaxy-Tab-S7-5G-and-S7-5G

So this is interesting guys. Good progress but I still can't find it anywhere on tmobiles official channels. Does anyone else see anything? Getting excited but hoping not to be disappointed. 

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/devices/samsung-galaxy-z-fold-2-tab-s7-5g

Found it on tmobiles site. Going to the store in a bit to confirm.