Samsung S8 plus error: "T-mobile has stopped working"

• 27 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

So I have this issue where my phone for the past 20 minutes has been getting this error message that says "T-Mobile has stopped working" and it only gives me 2 options:

app info and close app.

I click close but that doesn't actually do anything and one second later I get the exact message again. App info brings me to where the app is located in my settings, and now for some odd reason it is stopped doing it to me now after I opened up my browser and went to the T-Mobile website. After typing this all out it is DOING IT AGAIN.

So I'm not really sure what's going on here if anybody has any more information on this topic I really need to know.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

are you able to make calls when its not doing it still or have data? what all have you attempted on your end other than click on the notification?

I am having the same issue. I can still make calls, text, use mobile data, use apps. ECT. BUT it pops up about ever 60 seconds and interrupts whatever I am doing on the phone, making my smart phone not very functional.

Uninstall all updates from the app and set back to factory settings (for the app). This will stop the error, it is from the most recent update. 

I am having this problem too. It has been happening for the past 45 days or so. It is EXTREMELY DISRUPTIVE, AS IT INTERRUPTS ANYTHING I AM DOING, INCLUDING CALLS, TEXTS, BROWSING OR EMAILS. 

I’ve called Tmobile support about it TWICE and they cannot help. On the first call they said to just disable it, but IT WON’T DISABLE. The second attempt with support said to just delete the cache and the storage if possible. DOESN’T WORK.

The support person also mentioned that they have had lots of other calls on this problem. They don’t know how to fix it!

T MOBILE - WILL YOU PLEASE FIX YOUR APP!!!!!!!!!!!

I am having this problem too. It has been happening for the past 45 days or so. It is EXTREMELY DISRUPTIVE, AS IT INTERRUPTS ANYTHING I AM DOING, INCLUDING CALLS, TEXTS, BROWSING OR EMAILS. 

I’ve called Tmobile support about it TWICE and they cannot help. On the first call they said to just disable it, but IT WON’T DISABLE. The second attempt with support said to just delete the cache and the storage if possible. DOESN’T WORK.

The support person also mentioned that they have had lots of other calls on this problem. They don’t know how to fix it!

T MOBILE - WILL YOU PLEASE FIX YOUR APP!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, here's the fix: Uninstall all updates from the app and set back to factory settings (for the app). This will stop the error, it is from the most recent update. This is SPECIFICALLY for the T-Mobile app ONLY. DO NOT reset your whole phone to factory reset. ONLY the app.