Solved

T-Mobile HATES ME: Fully Censors discussion on OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McClaren Edition

• 29 December 2022
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Went to go back and check discussion for the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McClaren to find the conversation is deleted. Why would you do that when my whole gripe was you dirty deleting the update page. So you're gonna now double down and delete me trynna tell people about it?

Explain why this is deleted please, because it doesn't make sense to remove discussion. My original complaint is how information was removed so, why is even more info gone now? 

https://community.t-mobile.com/archive-28/one-plus-7t-pro-mclaren-5g-android-12-45609?postid=175601#post175601

I have the link, but now you cannot view the information. Maybe it's jurt me, cause admittedly the link does not show up on my home internet, but that is all through T-mobile. Can you see it? If so, then I guess I'm just blocked from my own posts, but I think I fear the same thing has happened twice and vital information related to the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McClaren Edition and Android 12 was removed. 

First they will remove the update page, then they will tell you that you are crazy that the carrier isn't responsible, but when it comes down to it, they will just remove any actual criticism.  If they're at fault, tmobile can just delete the proof over and over again. That's the feeling I feel seeing this discussion and my replies being scrubbed. 

I didn't realize I would need to act like an investigative journalist and start saving my receipts, but my entire exchange with @tidbits has been censored. That's a shame because I was trynna negotiate a donation to St. Judes but sadly, I can't refer back to our original conversation. Very strange because between all my posts I had around 8k views on the threads so, it was clear people found the exchange helpful. Why would T-mobile then delete the resource people are viewing, after deleting that other resource? 

By the way, I'm hoping you're all quick to tell me it's my fault again like you did with the update. Members here told me I'm impatient, that there isn't a conspiracy. What do you make of it when they keep deleting my posts? That's an attempt to silence the truth.

I find it strange that some members of this fourm can have threads removed, or receive phones for free without disclosure. I find it horrible that the issue I'm bringing up isn't even that big in the grand scheme of things, but when they delete an update page AND retroactively delete threads about the issue? I have to be a Karen in this situation because legally speaking, you're committing a very dumb mistake. Why keep deleting information? Why censor me? Yall wanna hire me to help code the update? I don't know how to code yet, but at least you'd have someone working on it. 

Tmobile is censoring me. They don't want us to pay attention to the fact that the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McClaren Edition was sold on the premise that it would be able to receive two full Android software upgrade. The 855+ Processor and 12GB of RAM would lead a consumer to make that purchase, especially if the sales rep provided the original update page. Tmobile provides the update page as a service so customers know when to expect the update. I was shocked when my 8T+ recieved the update and the page refreshed, but on the same day, the update tracker for the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McClaren Edition redirected to a 404. None of that is "my fault" despite what allllllll the fourm members keep trynna say so, because they have recieved the phone for free. When you buy a phone with your own money, it's different and you might have expectations, like for it to last a long time. That's why I was upset because this phone could last a long time spec wise, but cannot survive if it does not get updates. 

It's broke shaming to keep telling me to get a new phone or it's no big deal, especially if the same fourm members like @fireguy_6364 got the device for free. So hold your usual comments about how I'm impatient, ungrateful, or needy. I'm actually just a customer getting my money's worth, and I'm sick of the broke shaming attitude on this fourm. Some people are broke cause... They don't like money and don't need it, go figure. Some people hypermile for fun. Some like to get the most out of a little, and I figured a phone with these specs at this price would surely get Android 12, and I'd get maybe 4-6 years out of it. None of this process requires members to coax me into buying a new phone, just acknowledge my phone and my situation without the judgment, thanks. 

Now, when I go back to look at the insane conversations I've had in this T-mobile fourm, where members would gaslight me, or threatened to donate to charity if the update didn't come in December, I find the same thing. I try to look at any of those 15 replies, or view the thread, and it says "You are not authorized to view this page".

Alright, so we are not allowed to talk about our own phones without being silenced? Nobody has a real answer. You keep getting told by @HeavenM and others that the software is about to come, but clearly I was right. The removal of the page related to tracking updates for the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McClaren Edition was a "canary in a coal mine" that got removed to note that the phone will not receive the update. 3 deadlines have been set, and have expired. I can't prove this because T-mobile dirty deleted the receipts.

T-mobile, It's time to be more honest and transparent, because deleting my conversations on this fourm really drives home how hard you're trying to not let this become a thing. Deleting the update page didn't need to be a big deal but when you're also removing my posts, what am I left to do but make it a big deal? It feels like you're slowly trynna get away with it. 

Stop censoring me, it's generally not worth it because I'm annoying and will notice. You can try and explain away why you deleted the update page, but you really can't explain why you're also deleting my threads. That's T-Mobile trying to throw this under the rug and finding it easier to hit delete on my opinion instead of actually dealing with your customers.

Please reply to this post if anyone has screenshots saved of our legendary conversation with @tidbits because between the two biggest posts, each had about 3,000 views. Weird to me that T-Mobile deleted a thread with that many views because it was a very popular resource that you removed... Again... Absolutely censorship and lack of responsibility... 

@tmo_nic 

icon

Best answer by tmo_nic 3 January 2023, 23:37

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Now they are deleting my posts as I post them

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

funny...i never received a device from TMO..if youre going to try and loop someone into your tinfoil hat/plots at least make sure youre tagging the correct person.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

That's my bad! Still weird you're even giving advice on this phone, you know better than to keep telling people the update is coming. I meant @gramps28 or sometjing…

Let's be fair, its hard to keep track since so many fourm users who got this phone for free from T-mobile also have alt accounts to hide the fact they've gotten free phones. That's also odd for all the members who are trying desperately to blame OnePlus for this entirely T-mobile problem but I digress. Kinda like how @HeavenM is very clearly the same user as @kHeaven which recieved the phone for free. Given that evidence, maybe you can understand that I'm suspicious? With this happening here on the T-mobile forms, it seems you can just pretend you didn't get a phone because you've got one on another account, I've run into other users pulling that exact claim. 

That being said... Look... I am SORRY... Sorry for calling you a free phone taker... That being said, why do you tell people to wait on an update after we have talked about how the update isn't coming? Why did you try and say I should be booted from the website in a previous post? Am I really so bad for wanting to get what I paid for, what T-mobile sold us on? While you didnt get a free phone, you're not innocent, and have been active in the misinformation related to this cover-up. You're one of the people trying to silence me because it's easier to delete these posts than fix the issue. 

While you didn't get a free phone you have "bot behavior" where I've told you several times the update isn't coming to see you tell other users on other posts to keep waiting. That's wrong of you. 

​While the accusation is wrong, I apologize for that, there's a reason why I figured you were "one of them" and you should consider not continuously lying and leading people on with an update that's not coming. I know that you know better @fireguy_6364 

https://community.t-mobile.com/blog-updates-18/oneplus-7t-pro-5g-giveaway-32438?postid=117345#post117345

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I don't think @maan.mani would like hearing they're just a tinfoil hat conspiricist for waiting over 5 months and 3 deadlines from the likes of you @fireguy_6364 leading the customer on when they could've cut bait and sold the phone for some remaining value when the update page was taken down. While you didn't get the phone for free you keep acting like I'm wrong. 

I was right. The update page being removed indicated the update wasn't coming. That's not even up for debate but now they're deleting my posts too. This ain't a conspiracy as much as it's me being dramatic about the facts. We, the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McClaren Edition Customers, are being silenced.

My tinfoil hat actually helps me receive truth with better reception. It helps with empathy, and I know, you're jealous of its glisten and shine. So I'll gladly keep my tinfoil hat on given what I've seen here, because if I can get a Smarty Pants badge I'd better hope I can get a badge for blowing the lid off this conspiracy. Don't act like this isn't a conspiracy when you're active in the cover up 😑

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

That's my bad! Still weird you're even giving advice on this phone, you know better than to keep telling people the update is coming. I meant@gramps28@HeavenM @kHeaven@fireguy_6364

https://community.t-mobile.com/blog-updates-18/oneplus-7t-pro-5g-giveaway-32438?postid=117345#post117345

Are you going to tell me that if you were on the board at the time you wouldn't of entered?

9 phones were given away and looking at the posts there was a 50% chance of winning one. I used it for 1 week, didn't like it and gave it to a poster who didn't win.

I don't know why you're fascinated with a free phone contest from over 2 years ago and dragging it into your manifesto about the Android 12 upgrade.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I'm glad you asked @gramps28 about why it's an ethical issue to receive a phone for free while attempting to provide unbiased help. 

You see, you've been quick to defend T-mobile, but it benefits you to do so, because you've got a free phone from it. That means, if someone comes to the forum with a problem and it's T-Mobile's fault, like this update, you have a financial incentive to run interference for the company that doesn't even employ you. They've just kinda awarded your complicit behavior. That's how this affects users even if there is no conspiracy that T-Mobile knew these devices would not be updated. 

But if they did know they wouldn't update this variant, can you imagine how that looks for you defending them, while also having received the phone for free? 

It's an issue because you could have recieved phones as a form of quid-pro-quo. You are incentivised to run interference for T-mobile because being a moderator is otherwise unpaid. This is a system designed to protect T-mobile more than address concerns. It can seem like they predicted issues with the T-mobile Variant, and given phones away as a form of PR and a tactic to silence dissidents.

It doesn't work when you keep blaming oneplus for mistakes that are clearly the fault of T-Mobile. That's why I started looking for a giveaway in the first place to see if you're opinion was paid, and I was right too. The reason I had the suspicion is because you're unpaid but running defense of a company that doesn't care about you. I understood you had to have recieved some compensation or your online behavior doesn't make sense. 

Let me know if you have any more questions as Ethics is a very fun topic. Last I can note is that you obviously fell victim to moral hazard, where your own morals slid in the presence of easy incentives. While you intended to provide help, you didn't when you ran defense for T-mobile during this cover up and you getting a free device means you shouldn't be handing out advice as if you're just another customer. You would have a fundamentally different experience with the ownership had you used your own money to make the purchase. Therefore, I think it's deceptive you give advice to other users as if you're just another user. You are not in the same position as them and benefit for running defense rather than solving problems. 

😁👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is a user to user forum and everyone has their opinion. From what I've seen on these posts is that if someone disagrees with you they are automatically wrong and you tag them in your next post calling them out.

You would think me saying the phone was a POS I would be siding with you and that Tmobile didn't sway me with so I will  write positive things about Oneplus. 

Please leave me out of anymore of your rants or you will be the one being abusive.

BTW, I couldn't finish reading your post because it's filled with what ifs. Quid pro quo for entering a raffle. Give me a break

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I see two users defending their right to lead on customers. Why should you do that? If the update page was deleted, why keep thinking the phone will update? Why tell other users who ask if the update is coming, that the update is coming, when you know in reality the update page was deleted? 

I did apologize for the wrong claim, but you've gone so far to silence me, I wonder why? I'll never have an answer, but I don't care to fight you, I just want someone to update the phone. You cannot. You also cannot say the phone is going to be updated when you've been consistently wrong @fireguy_6364 

You don't know if the update is coming, have been given sumounting evidence, failed deadlines, and every reason to assume the update isn't coming. Why do you then seek out posts related to this topic to tell users to expect the update? That's bad behavior. That's running defense instead of giving advice. 

You are exhibiting "bot like behavior" when you defend T-mobile who doesn't care about you and does not need your defense. They are responsible for this update and did not deliver. It doesn't make sense why you kept telling other users to keep waiting when you knew the update page was deleted. That is misleading, it's bad advice and I can't imagine why you would do it without financial incentive. I'm sorry, I thought you were paid off, but that doesn't excuse your behavior. You should apologize for leading customers on when you had proof to the contrary. Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I did apologize for the wrong claim, but you've gone so far to silence me, I wonder why? I'll never have an answer, but I don't care to fight you, I just want someone to update the phone. You cannot. You also cannot say the phone is going to be updated when you've been consistently wrong@fireguy_6364 

and yet you turned right back around with “

I don't think@maan.mani would like hearing they're just a tinfoil hat conspiricist for waiting over 5 months and 3 deadlines from the likes of you@fireguy_6364 leading the customer on when they could've cut bait and sold the phone for some remaining value when the update page was taken down. While you didn't get the phone for free you keep acting like I'm wrong. “

you have some serious issues dude..you cant even keep track of who you are talking about and then start making things up to try and work it into your favor..which its not..dont care to fight yet keep trying to tag people in so you can get arguments going..

again...compass..get one..

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Yeah no. I'm Right. Look at your post history my man, you've told that user to keep waiting for an update that's not coming several times. No reason to tell @maan.mani to keep waiting when you knew better. You didn't get a phone for free but you act like a T-mobile bot. My accusation now is that your advice is bad, and in bad faith. You shouldn't tell users the update is coming when you've been personally informed with overwhelming evidence that Android 12 update for the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McClaren Edition isn't coming. You knew better. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

and again..no one will know until its publicly announced one way or another..if you kept up with the OnePlus forums you would have seen them doing Beta testing on it..but only the variants in India..which all of those areas usually get the release first over the U.S..if those went to junk then they will either go at it again..or...junk it..which is still all on OP.  safe to say previously the update WAS being worked on or you wouldnt have a thread dedicated to throwing a tantrum about them bumping over to talking about Android 13..or did you forget about that one as well?...at this point its still up in the air on what OP is going to do or not do..but this late in the game its not looking likely..

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I'll explain one more time:

You are committing a fallacy to act like we should just "wait for the update to come" when there was a tracker that was deleted, then several deadlines set and missed. You have been agreeing with deadlines, and that we should wait, but the update has failed to come. I believe you have harmed your reputation. I don't care which update it gets I would prefer it gets the software it needs. Officially though there is no indication that either Android 12 or Android 13 is being developed for the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McClaren Edition T-mobile Exclusive. It was announced to be here by October, November and December by forum members like @HeavenM

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Having to wait for something can be extremely frustrating especially when the date keeps getting moved. It can make it seem like people are lying or targeting you to make you feel bad for having a valid concern. We are glad that you like your phone and want to keep using it. These days it may seem like we should be upgrading our phones every year, but I personally like to keep mine for as long as possible and part of what makes that possible is that the phone continues to get updates, so I understand how important it is and why you are so passionate about getting it. 

The main concerns are whether or not the phone is going to get an update and why is content being removed. T-Mobile has the goal to provide Android 12 for the OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren and development work is still going on to try and make that happen. I know that we have given dates and they go by with no update. I don’t have a new date to provide at this time, though I wish I did. 

Asking about the update and wondering when it will happen is totally cool. The people on the Community, including myself, always try to provide the best answer based on the information that is available at the time. Software updates may seem like a pretty straightforward concept, but there are complexities to them that can cause delays. Whether the delay is on OnePlus or T-Mobile doesn’t change the fact that you as the customer are affected. It would be great if we could still provide the tracker for Android 12, but as Nic mentioned in his post a while back, we want to make the content on our support site efficient as much as possible, so older content may be removed. That is one reason why we have the Community; so we can still talk about things that may no longer be available from other resources. With that said, conversations on the Community also have their own lifecycle. As the Community Manager, it is my job to make sure that this is a safe space for everyone to come and get help or have conversations with others. If the conversation gets off topic or is no longer productive to the original concern, it may be closed to prevent more comments or archived. (More information can be found in our terms of usage.) As the conversations steer away from the question of the update and towards talking down to other users, I will continue to close or archive them. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi all,

Some posts on this thread are being deleted for being inflammatory. This is a collaborative community and we spell out the base behavior required of everyone who uses this community. This is a Company Forum and we reserve the right to modify, delete, or archive threads as well as Suspend or Ban users who violate our Community Forum Usage Guidelines or our T-Mobile Terms and Conditions.

For everyone’s benefit, here’s where we say it transparently in our Usage Guidelines:

T-Mobile reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to:

• Edit and/or remove any post containing or linking to material in violation of the Terms of Use or these Usage Guidelines.
  • Terminate the membership of any user who violates the Terms of Use or these Usage Guidelines.
  • Remove any special status such as Pillar of the Community, or T-Mobile employee.