Solved

text not going through or coming in on my end

• 11 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Why is it that often the messages I send don't go through in the RCS chat and also why texts to me are not coming in but then come in weeks later? What is causing this its getting crazier and crazier all 3 of our lines are doing this

icon

Best answer by syaoran 7 April 2024, 23:48

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What type of phone?

Badge

samsung s23 ultra 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Lately it's been a Samsung bug. Doesn't matter the carrier just matters it's a Samsung device. 

https://www.sammobile.com/news/rcs-messages-not-working-properly-for-some-galaxy-phone-users/

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It's because people don't want to switch over to Google Messages.  Samsung has made it very clear that Samsung Messages is only being developed for in other parts of the world and the texting app for North America should be Google Messages.  That is why Google Messages was pushed in the Android 14 update, which also roved Saung Messages from the backup partition, so a factory reset of a device on Android 14 or newer would not have Samsung Messages any longer.  

Badge

Well I am using the Google messenger and as i said at times it will not send the messages so something in the messenger app got to be causing this or its tmobile. It started it last year prior to that i had no issues