Question

Text notifications need to be shut off

• 3 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

Since inserting the new 5G sim card, my text notifications have been turned on...which is really annoying when responding to group texts…

I have searched my android phone for the notification setting, but it is nowhere to be found to turn notifications off.

Settings > notifications > Messages > In-App settings (with the note that four categories deleted)… 

Is the turn-off option in one of the 4 deleted categories?

I am getting up to 17 delivery notifications for family group texts… and I would like to not receive those.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you would go into whichever group text it is then towards the top would be an option to get into that texts settings/options..unless you are trying to turn off ALL text notifications..

never really said what phone you have either..

Badge

I truly appreciate the response. I know you took extra time to provide help.  Thank you.

• omitted phone: Galaxy S8

I went to the individual text thread, and the options were all related to notifications for incoming texts.  I am trying to, for all of my texts, take off the read receipt notification.

I hope this helps clarify my problem.  :slight_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if youre trying to shut down the read receipts for their end you’ll need to go into the app settings but not while in any specific text..out where you see them all go into settings and chat features..Samsung runs their own texting app so where its located might be a tad different.

Badge

<<if youre trying to shut down the read receipts for their end you’ll need to go into the app settings but not while in any specific text..»

Umm, yes.  In my initial question, I gave the path to the default texting app’s internal and general settings: Settings > notifications > Messages > In-App settings (with the note that four categories deleted)… 

And, since the trouble began with the new SIM upgrade, I am, again, wondering if the four deleted categories has one for read receipts requested, and that setting it defaulted to on…

If so, how is one to turn them off?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

that part i am not to sure on..you might try contacting TMO through either Facebook or Twitter..cant remember if there was anything they could turn off on their side of things for this..