Question

Text to Email stopped working - October

• 2 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I use text to email occasionally. I saw a couple old threads about people having issues (no solutions) but they were old and I have been able to successfully use t2e for years. It last worked in mid September. I go to use it yesterday and now the email I get is empty, no subject line no body text. I read some users recently were getting weird coded messages within their message, but I’m getting empty responses now. I don’t believe I’ve done any recent updates.

Also email to text seems to be working fine. But I don’t find that useful. 

Anyone else having issues?

(Android 12, Oneplus 7)  

1 reply

I’m also having this issue. Seems to have started on or about September 28th. I’m IT support at my job and got a ticket in from a user saying all of a sudden her text to email emails are coming in to her work email as blank attachments. Tested it with my personal cellphone and same issue. Testing it from my Verizon work cellphone and don’t have the issue.

In the message trace in our Cisco Email Security Appliance it contains these lines:
"Message is unscannable due to RFC Violation. Reason: the start boundary claimed in the Content-Type header was never found.
Message is unscannable due to RFC Violation. Reason: A message claimed to be a multipart, but no subparts were found."

User’s phone is an iPhone, mine is an Android, so it’s not limited to one operating system. Seems T-Mobile updated something on their end that broke text to email functionality.