Question

Transfer data to external sim card

• 21 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge

I am trying to free some space in my Samsung S8, when I press move, my phone doesn’t give me the option to move to the card, give me only 2 option: Cancel or Move here. How I can  transfer data to free space?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

thats because you would need a SD card..your SIM only tells the phone whos network you are on and which bands it needs to look for.

did you install a SD card into the phone?

also have you gone into your settings-memory to see what all is eating up the most memory? long stretched out texts eat up a bit of memory..pics/videos for sure..

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

The only user data the SIM is capable of holding is a very limited phone book. Just Name & One Number. So primitive almost no one even uses the feature any more.

Badge

Yes I have a CD card almost empty, but when I try to move some files (pictures or videos) my phone doesn't show me the option

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

did you use the phone to reformat the  SD card? and how are you attempting to move them? from the pic/video gallery or some other way?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

If you are unable to move the pictures to a SD card, you might be able to store them on a PC/Mac via your charging cable. Doesn’t answer your question but may be an alternative.

Badge

I didn't try to reformat the SD (do I should do?). I try to transfer from my files no direc. Any recomend.  Thanks for your answers 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

any new sd card must be formatted to work with whatever device you are trying to use it on..once you put it in usually it’ll ask if you want to format it..if not then you would go into  your settings-memory and phone dependent..it’ll be under external memory/storage or something along those lines..the option to reformat it will be in there as well..been a while since i have ran a SD card in one of my devices...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I didn't try to reformat the SD (do I should do?). I try to transfer from my files no direc. Any recomend.  Thanks for your answers 

It depends. If you don’t have anything on the card now, there’s no downside. If you already have stuff on the SD card, reformatting will erase everything.