Solved

Transfer Galaxy S7 from Verizon to TMobile.  No network/data access

• 31 December 2018
  • 9 replies

I transferred Verizon Galaxy S7 from Verizon to TMobile.  I have minimal service, and get message "no network data".

Network and Roaming was changed to TMobile.

TMobile blames Verizon.

Verizon states phone is NOT locked.

icon

Best answer by syaoran 31 December 2018, 03:15

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It sounds like the APN needs to be set correctly. 

Userlevel 4

BYOD T-Mobile data & APN settings

Already set APN to T-Mobile

APN and Data settings already changed to T-Mobile under Mobile Networks, Access Point Names section.

Is there someplace else to modify settings that I am missing?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

The BYOD settings above should be the only settings you'd need to change. Sometimes it does require a restart. Also, making sure the software is on the most up to date version could help too.

Userlevel 3

Hey, @malinda9800​!

Have you been able to get your S7 working properly on our network yet? If not, I came across a handful of posts from other users with a similar issue that found a fix. Take a look at these threads and their suggestions to see if that does the trick:

This worked for me and the screen shot was a big help! Thank you!

I added the T-Mobile APN/parameters and selected it. Within the Edit Access Point settings, The “Turn APN on/off” section is grayed out not allowing me to turn on the T-Mobile APN. The Verizon 

APN is also grayed out and cannot be selected. As far as I can determine, the only way to delete the Verizon APN is to root the phone and use a 2nd party app to delete the APNs and re-create the T-Mobile APN. If there’s an easier method, I would like to hear about it. Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if its a S7 or any non 5G device it must have VoLTE capabilities in order to be added to TMO now. they will be shutting own 3G here pretty soon hence the need for compatible VoLTE. if it isnt compatible it isnt able to be added.