Solved

Understanding DATA

• 22 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I’m having diffy with Data usage as now i just paid bill but already warned about so much data use. Then background apps that may be leeching the Data w/my not being too keen on Google’s voluminous apps and then if i just shut it down, i wasn’t online at all and lost the Duo authentici...to log on or use the phone at work that in lieu of not having phone at work some day(s) i can use landline with Duo. So my long-drawn out moaning (sorry) how can i start to learn Data and Cell phone operation does anyone have idea that might share knowledge?

my phone’s a Galaxy A10e                  

icon

Best answer by gramps28 22 March 2023, 20:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you gone into your settings to see how the mobile data usage is set up? It will also show what apps are using the most data.

Badge

Yes I believe i’m starting to catch on as to how that is set up. Where I don’t really get is when I am to shift from Wifi to Mobile Data...Like at home there’s a built-in Wifi in apartment building and as far as I know, it must have been going to that automatically and then at work they have wifi but you have to be “signed” in or on and I’d rather not because it can be monitored but it is “provided freely” if indeed we want to hook on. Well, i didn’t know the difference till suddenly when i went to the store to update a version or maybe was the Samsung store or whatever to look at wallpaper for the phone and next thing i know, there’s warning of data limit overtone and i just (as I said) paid the bill and it’s another warning today from riding bus to work and kind of forgot that yesterday it was “offline” because i got my hocky hot the night before and said “fine” i’ll just turn off everything and no Data or dip...messages alerts about it. Well, i didn’t do much but was online on the bus on the way in and that’s probably when i picked back up on using the data because wifi my friend set it up for getting on it here and then as he said yesterday i could turn it back off when i leave work but isn’t that a big kind of hassle because now it’s going to feel like babysitting for the phone not just to charge but to watch the Data. 

Someone else said how long have i been around(?)     ‘scuse me….    : ) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If you go into your network settings mine shows non carrier data usage also.

Badge

Thanks for sharing. I think i t’s probably time to get another cell phone. Because at work we use this Duo autho...two step identity and my version phone doesn’t support it to receive push pings when logging on to network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hopefully a new phone will fix your issue.