Verizon Galaxy S7

• 21 February 2022
  • 12 replies

Badge

I’ve read all of the conversations on problems bringing an S7 from Verizon to TMobile. I did all of the various modification to the settings but still can’t send/receive text images.

The modifications did enable me to access data on the network but that is it.

Does anyone out there have any other suggestions?

Right now my only two options are to go back to Verizon or buy another phone.  I really like the S7 as I prefer the smaller size and everything else works great.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you tried this link? It’s for a Rvvlry but the steps should be almost the same.

APN Settings

Badge

Yes, I did check it out and it listed steps that I had previously done.  It didn’t really help.

Ultimately it seems that the phone still searches for the Verizon defaults it was originally sold with. Even though it is unlocked and the settings have been manually changed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Samsung texting app or which texting app are you using?

Badge

Message+  I assume it is a Samsung app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

possibly? if you go into the app store and locate that app it should say whos app it is..i could have sworn V had their own texting app but not fully sure..Samsung devices usually run their own.

taking a quick look at the V site im almost positive that is a V texting app.. double check and see if it is..if it is the Samsung one should be on the phone as well...or download the Google Messages one..then re test.

if its in fact a V specific texting app then that would make sense on why its no longer working.

Badge

You are correct. It is a Verizon app. It works for text but not image texts. 

Badge

I see where others brought over Verizon Galaxy S7 phones and got them to work so eventually I should be able to find a solution. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Go to the play store and download another sms app. Try Textra.

Badge

Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately I'm having the same issue. SMS/texts work but MMS/images do not work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you checked in the new sms apps advanced settings to make sure mms is set to receive?

Also at one time Samsung phones were able to be flashed to your new carriers settings and bloatware. Check in Odin to see if it's still available and that may help.

Badge

Will do. You are very knowledgeable. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Go to the XDA forum and you will be able to find out how to flash your phone to Tmobile software.