Question

Visual Voicemail App Won't Download

Badge

I recently switched over from Sprint.  I have a Samsung S21 and am trying to download the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail App, but it says they app is only for older versions of operating systems.  Does anyone know how I can get my voicemails to text?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Have you tried going into the dialers setting and selecting voicemail to see if you can turn it on there?

Badge

Sorry to be ignorant, but how do i get into the dialers settings?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

pull up your dialer as if you were about to call someone..top right should be either 3 dots or 3 lines. settings should be in there.

Badge

Doh!  I should have known that! Nope.  Only options are speed dial numbers, open to last view, Voicemail, and settings. 

Select voicemail and it calls vm. 

Think I am going to admit defeat and just go to a store and see if they can get it going.

Thanks!!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i switched over from Sprint as well and for the life of me i cant remember if the VM app just downloaded onto the phone when i switched sim cards or if i had to download it from the play store. i havent had any issues with it other than receiving a notification from both the app and dial in vm.

I have the same issue with VISUAL Voicemail on my brand new Galaxy S23. Spent hours on the phone with T-mobile, now waiting for the tech department to get back to me after the rep escalated it.

Regular voicemail works fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i take it your phone was purchased directly from Samsung then? wonder if theyre just needing to update the VVM app itself for the S23 series.

I bought it from T-mobile. The rep tried contacting Samsung and they wouldn’t help, maybe didn’t understand the problem so the T-mobile tech rep escalated it.

I think you’re right about the software.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

then the VVM app should already be on your phone. this is one of the many TMO things that auto download onto your phone as bloat as soon as you turn it on with the TMO sim card in it.

did it not do this?

No, so I’ll see what the tech people can do. Nothing worked in our session together.

Thanks for replying 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

no worries. main reason most people gripe about carrier branded phones is they come with all that already on the phones and they dont want it lol.

Any resolution to this? Like the one guy, I got a s23 and have spent about 7 hrs trying to get the built in vvm to work... can only hold 1 to call non visual vm