Solved

Voicemail to Text stopped working

I have a Samsung S8+ (SM-G955U1) and I had to do a reset of the phone.  Now, my Voicemail to Text has stopped working.  I get the voicemail in the Visual Voicemail app, but the transcribing does not happen.  Is there a setting i need to redo?

icon

Best answer by tmo_lauren 19 March 2018, 18:27

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 4

Hey there!

Thanks for reaching out! Were you using the native feature on the device? If so, do you currently pay for the feature? Whereas Visual Voicemail is a free feature, the transcribing is a monthly fee. We have seen instances where the free trial doesn't drop the way it should, and for whatever reason a device reset alerts the system in the event the trial is supposed to be over. That's what we most often see in situations like yours, but if you are indeed subscribing for the feature, we'll dig into some other possibilities! 😀

-Lauren

Userlevel 4

Just checking in here to see if you still had any questions on this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi!

Did you still need help getting this resolved? Please give us a reply and let us know. Thanks.

Yes problem still persists, I get the voicemail in visual voicemail but not the transcribing.  Also get a text message with the transcribing now.

Userlevel 4

Hey there! Just wanted to double check again to see if you were subscribed and paying for the feature like I mentioned with more info in my earlier comment! 😊

Once I have that confirmed, we will go from there!

-Lauren

Well, now that I look at Services for my line the option for anymore.  I know I had it before and remember agreeing to the fee.

Userlevel 4

So you do see the option but you don't have it added to your account anymore?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Sounds like Lauren found the issue. Were you able to add the feature on online yourself like Chris suggested?

No fix has been found.  I do not see the option anymore as an optionservice to be added.  So still no solution has been found

Userlevel 4

Hrrrrm.

Okay, if you're unable to see it online for some reason, I would suggest reaching out to a rep and seeing what they can do about getting the feature added back for you. It may be something with the system being confused about a trial, we've seen it get sort of goofy like this before. 😊 Community-2153

As far as I know, this doesnt work.

There is a bug in the system somewhere, and no matter who I talk to, it will not work.

Do not pay the extra 5 bucks a month for something they cannot get to work.

I'm having some of the same issues, my new phone is transcribing some of my voice-maila into text to read but others it won't and it says in the begginging of the app and on the voice-maila it won't switch to text for me to pick a language for it to transcribe but it won't allow me to. Just says it failed try later and tmoble cannot figure this out. Been trying with them for 2 days. Finally got some to switch to transcribing and I can now read which is great but only about 30% then rest still come as a number to call and the app still asking for me to pick a language but still won't let me. I never had any issues on my old phone. And it was 4$ a month but rite now the tmoble guy said it's going threw as 0$ Maybe for a while cause I've only had the phone 2 months. I never check voice-mails so I'm just noticing this. Wish they'd all just transcribe, so much quicker and easier to read the message then to have to go threw calling and listening and pushing this to save or that to delete.