Question

Why Am I asked if I want to accept a call

• 5 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

When I get a call from one of my contacts (and so far, only my auto repair garage has my number), and I slide the receiver icon to accept the call, why does a voice come on and ask me if I want to accept the call? This is an unwanted extra step. If I would not wish to accept the call, I would simply not answer it. 

So, can I deactivate this extra step?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Are you using the Google dialer and have their spam filter enabled in the settings?

Badge

I have a T*Mobile-branded LG V60 device. I looked through apps with “show system” selected, and I don’t see Google Dialer. So, I don’t know! 

Ok, I am in the dialer settings, Answer and end calls; Auto-answer is off; that’s the closest thing I can find. But my intuition tells me that would answer the call without my having swiped; I wouldn’t want that. 

I am looking in the wrong place? Where else should I look? If this is the Google Dialer intercepting my calls, is there a default dialer I can use instead?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I'm not sure what dialer LG uses with them closing their mobile division a few years ago.  In my Google Dialer settings, there is an option under Caller ID and Spam to have Google handle incoming calls to have numbers not known to their service to be prompted to identify themselves before the call can be completed.

Badge

Thank you for trying to answer my question.