Question

Wifi calling not working on unlocked lg stylo 4

• 16 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello, I recently migrated my unlocked LG stylo 4 from Xfinity Mobile to T-Mobile prepaid.

Things are mostly working, calling, voicemail, text messages.

But I cannot get wifi calling to work again. It worked before with xfinity mobile.

I tried a lot of things. I installed all updates for my phone, updated my e911 address on the t mobile website, tried various Wi-Fi networks, restarted my phone, remove reinsert sim card. 

When i try to enable wifi calling, it says “this may take a few moments”, then after a minute or so it says: Unable to activate at this time, please try again later.

Any  help would be appreciated, thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Xfinity’s implementation of WiFi Calling is not compatible with T-Mobile’s.  Only devices that use Google’s stock implementation of WiFi Calling will work with T-Mobile’s WiFi Calling.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just a WAG but have you tried resetting the network settings? Note that when you do this the phone will forget all saved WiFi passwords.

Badge

Ah that’s a bummer, so it sounds like there's no way its going to work. Yes I did try resetting network settings, and a whole bunch of other things as well. I appreciate the replies.