Solved

xcover6 pro voice text not supported on this device

• 13 December 2022
  • 11 replies

Badge +1

I switched to the xcover6 pro from a s20 ultra. I am used to using android auto and send occasional texts. it seems I can't voice text with the new phone. it says this function is not supported on this device? I went over the voice to text settings but it keeps telling me it is not supported. I can't believe the new phone doesn't support it. 

icon

Best answer by gramps28 13 December 2022, 20:19

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

was/is it sold by TMO?

Badge +1

no. this is the samsung unlocked us version of the phone though. I can voice call but not text.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

might need to change around your APN settings.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/not-sold-by-t-mobile/byod-t-mobile-data-and-apn-settings

Badge +1

thanks. all those settings are already in my phone. I just found a voice option in a setting that prompted a quick play download. I'll see if that helped when I go out in a bit. I can place calls by voice though so I'm hoping it is just a setting I'm missing not that I text much. it comes in handy for a quick message to my wife or kids while driving. 

Badge +1

even with that voice download I still get not supported. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did you check the imei to see if it was compatible? You also can go to the XDA forums to see if anything is posted there.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/not-sold-by-t-mobile/bring-your-own-device-byod-guide

Badge +1

thanks. I went over those settings earlier and they seem correct. I keep searching and will post with anything I find. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Unfortunately, phones not sold by Tmobile will not get much support from Tmobile techs which is why going to the tech sites is a better option. Have you contacted Samsung support?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

for voice to text wouldnt this also be controlled a bit by the texting app itself? are you wanting it to read to you or speak to text?

Badge +1

In the past I was able to ask 'text Shannon' and it would ask the message and send it. now it just says the phone does not support it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you might opt to jump over to Samsungs forums to see if there is a different way this must be done or if its even available on this device. they might have changed up what they use to do this.