Solved

2 Phone numbers on ONE PHONE... possible??

• 24 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Just had the wife wait on the customer service line for almost 40 minutes to find out the answer to this question…

Does T-Mobile have a way to have TWO numbers on ONE Device?

First rep had NO clue what she was talking about.  Second, manager, once she finally figured out what was being asked, first said NO.  Then said yes, with an E-Sims Card, but had to be with a different carrier.  Then couldn’t help my wife as she wasn’t the main on the account.  So she waisted almost ONE Hour to Not have her question answered or to find out if it was possible and if it is, the process to get it set up.  

Please help a guy out and share if you know what the answer is and the process to for this. 

Thank you in advance.

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 24 July 2023, 23:48

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have 2 numbers on my phone but one is a Google voice number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey there @Thayerzoo One hour on the phone and no solid answer? Wow! There are a couple ways that you are able to get two numbers on one device. I see that you posted this thread in our Apple forum, but I never want to assume facts that can affect the answer. What phone are you using that you want to get two phone numbers on?

No matter what device you are using, you can use our DIGITS service to get two T-Mobile numbers on one phone by using the DIGITS app. It is free to install and easy to use. We have tons of great information about it on our Support page, so check it out. https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/get-started-with-digits?cmpid=hw_send

If your phone supports dual SIM, then you could have your eSIM profile assigned to one phone number and then your physical sim assigned to another. This is an option for both two T-Mobile numbers or for one T-Mobile and one other carrier like @gramps28 mentioned above. 

Are you trying to use two T-Mobile phone numbers or one from another carrier? Are both numbers already active or do you need to add a new line? A little more information can help us provide a more detailed resolution, but I hope this information helps a bit. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

T-Mobile also sells devices that are capable of dual-SIM via one physical SIM and one eSIM.  The latest iPhone's are dual-eSIM capable.  These devices operate in a dual-SIM dual-Standby mode.  However, the S23 Ultra's can get incoming calls from the other SIM when on a call using the other SIM.  Answering the other SIM will end the call on the other SIM. 

This was very helpful! Really appreciated the link: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/get-started-with-digits

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Yes you can. I have my physical sim number and my esim number on the same phone. Both numbers are different.