Question

Access old messages for legal purposes

• 12 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

Is there a way that I gain access old messages that were deleted off of a phone?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

They can only give you date and times and not the contents of them. If you need the contents you need a judge to get sign off and your lawyer to send the paperwork in to the legal department. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Want to add if they are imessages then T-Mobile has no records of them as they do not go through their system. 

I am the main person on my account an I erase some very important messages from my phone is there a way to retrieve the messages again 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

unfortunately no..you might get lucky and depending on how long ago your phone backed itself up you might still have the old convos backed up to Google or Apple..not sure which phone you have..but if its re updated itself then whatever was lost is now lost fully.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

I am the main person on my account an I erase some very important messages from my phone is there a way to retrieve the messages again 

Messages can contain tons of important information especially because it is a widely used form of communication nowadays. If you have messages backed up, then you should be able to retrieve those messages through that backup. That is not something that is automatically done and the messages are not saved on the T-Mobile side. If you didn’t have messages backing up, then anything that is deleted is not recoverable.