Solved

Air bubbles in my screen protector

Badge

I just received 2 new iPhones and attempted to put the screen protectors with them, but I have air bubbles under the screen protectors.

How do I get the air bubbles out?

icon

Best answer by fireguy_6364 27 October 2022, 18:46

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

use a credit card/bank card to try and force them towards the closest side.

Badge

Thank you.  That fixed it.

NOW… on the other iPhone that I just unboxed, I put the screen protector on it… and didn’t get it quite straight.  Besides that, there seemed to be a hair (or something) near the edge,  I couldn’t stand that, so I picked up that edge and tried to clear the “hair” but it seems to be a squiggle mark on the underside of the protector itself, so I gave up and tried to put that corner back.  Now that edge doesn’t really lay down completely.  Is there anything I can do about that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

that one i cant help with..i did the same thing once and said s crew it and put a case on so it wasnt as noticeable lol.

Badge

That’s what I’m getting ready to do…

OR - if I buy a new screen protector (am guessing I  cannot reuse it, once I remove it) -→  How do I remove this one?  Just lift it off??

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

did the protector come with any directions? i tend to get all of mine from Amazon and they usually have removal and placement instructions in with it. might say how to fix it or remove to re put it back on.

Badge

I bought it through T-Mobile… The instructions were SO POOR, I had to go to YouTube to see what in the world the instructions might even mean.

It talked about “A” and “B” but nothing was even labeled… making the instructions not even match anything that was in the box I received…

So basically, NO.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

what brand is the screen protector? might be able to go to their site for more info.

Badge

It’s “GO TO” (if that is a brand).  I bought it from T-Mobile when I purchased the two iPhones from T-Mobile.

Maybe I need to contact T-Mobile directly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i could have sworn if you purchased the screen protector from them that they could also install it for you..might have been more of a Sprint thing so dont hold me to it lol.

Badge

That would have been NICE!  (They didn’t, and they didn’t offer, and I didn’t think about asking them if they could or would.)

Badge

UPDATE:  I went into a chat session with T-Mobile.  I explained the situation.  The (very nice)  T-Mobile person told me to take the phones back to a local store and they would fix the issue.

I just printed off my order that includes my order number and everything I purchased, and will take back to a local T-Mobile store, once I find one.

I probably should have just gone locally and bought everything, but when I originally started with the chat with the T-mobile employee that I ended up buying from, my intention was a fact finding mission, NOT meaning to purchase anything.  I expected to be pressured, etc, like (most stores) do these days.

So I will be going to a local T-Mobile store, once I figure out where they are in this town.

I’ll give an update once I get back home, but I’m sure everything will go fine.  When I bought the phones, I was told that I could get 3 free screens per year.  I don’t know if that meant screen protectors or screens on the phone itself… but I “assume” it was screen protectors.  Perhaps I will find that out at the store.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

UPDATE:  I went into a chat session with T-Mobile.  I explained the situation.  The (very nice)  T-Mobile person told me to take the phones back to a local store and they would fix the issue.

I just printed off my order that includes my order number and everything I purchased, and will take back to a local T-Mobile store, once I find one.

I probably should have just gone locally and bought everything, but when I originally started with the chat with the T-mobile employee that I ended up buying from, my intention was a fact finding mission, NOT meaning to purchase anything.  I expected to be pressured, etc, like (most stores) do these days.

So I will be going to a local T-Mobile store, once I figure out where they are in this town.

I’ll give an update once I get back home, but I’m sure everything will go fine.  When I bought the phones, I was told that I could get 3 free screens per year.  I don’t know if that meant screen protectors or screens on the phone itself… but I “assume” it was screen protectors.  Perhaps I will find that out at the store.

top right of this page is the “find a store” selector.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Next time, go to Amazon and find a protector that includes a plastic frame that makes the alignment foolproof. Those also come with YouTube videos on how to do this yourself. You will save at least 50% off TMO prices and you will get multiple protectors. I prefer Spigen brand and those have worked great.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Next time, go to Amazon and find a protector that includes a plastic frame that makes the alignment foolproof. Those also come with YouTube videos on how to do this yourself. You will save at least 50% off TMO prices and you will get multiple protectors. I prefer Spigen brand and those have worked great.

Ditto.. they have been my go to for quite a few years now.

Badge

Thank you.  Next time I will go to Amazon.

The GOOD side of all of this is that I found the local T-Mobile store.  They had 3 workers there, but I still waited at least 45 minutes (I don’t wear a watch) as everyone was busy.

Once I finally got up to the desk, it took the T-Mobile gentleman about 2 minutes to replace my screen protector.  I showed him the <crack?> that was on the original one.  I also tried to get it off, but it didn’t come off… and then of course, didn’t *really* seal all the way back down… so I guess the rule of thumb is that if you pull it up, even a corner, it’s NOT going to seal back down… but he saw what I was talking about.  I don’t think he could determine if it was a tiny little hair, or if the screen protector was cracked there.. but I got a NEW one FOR FREE.  <And *HE* put the new one on.>

So this time, everything turned out fine.  Next time, I’ll know better.  Thank you for the recommendation of the brand.