Question

Breach of hackers 2021,2022,2023

• 20 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

In our T Mobile Community has anybody else experiences security breached via T mobile?

I experienced 3 times, 2021,2022 and 2023.

When I called Customer service T mobile family they down played the breaches.

I found out about these breaches, via my agency membership  Mac fee.  

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have never been notified that our account was breached.  When an account has been compromised, there should be a notification when you login to your my.t-mobile.com account.  

Becauae T-Mobile is the largest and moat profitable of all of the US carriers.  That unfortunately makes them a bigger target than the others.  That definitely doesn't mean that Verizon and AT&T haven't suffered from data breaches either, because they both have.  If a hacker wants something bad enough.  No system is going to stop them if they are skilled enough.  

Badge

Understood.

However, I not with the other two US carriers, I with T Mobile.  I pay a lot of money to have my items safeguarded. Its not the point of Breach, Its the point of being clearly notified with proper compensations for the breaches and or adjustments given there was 3 breaches 2021,2022,2023.

Preview

I have never been notified that our account was breached.  When an account has been compromised, there should be a notification when you login to your my.t-mobile.com account. Because T-Mobile is the largest and moat profitable of all of the US carriers.  That unfortunately makes them a bigger target than the others.  That definitely doesn't mean that Verizon and AT&T haven't suffered from data breaches either, because they both have.  If a hacker wants something bad enough.  No system is going to stop them if they are skilled enough.