Question

BYOD Apple Watch 5

• 14 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

I am porting in my lines from ATT to T-Mobile. My watch seems to be a problem. It is a cellular watch with a number assigned to it. I can’t seem to get a straight answer on how to bring my own device in, what the cost would be, how porting in would work, etc. I’m missing the details on how to accomplish this. Thanks in advance!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/not-sold-by-t-mobile/bring-your-own-device-byod-guide

Badge

Thanks. I know the device is compatible. What I can’t seem to get an answer to is what the monthly fee is, if my watch’s current number needs to be ported, and if I need to pay an activation fee for bringing the line over. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

What you seem to be describing is a “standalone” watch plan? I’ve seen some discussion about these being difficult (if not impossible) to obtain. Not sure. Don’t have one, myself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

contact TMO through one of their social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter..you start with a higher tier support compared to calling in. l think the watch lines are $10 but dont quote me on it..and i dont think you would want to transfer the watches number since that part of it doesnt really matter..even though it has a number its only there to communicate with your phones number.

but again i would double check with the above mentioned just to be sure.