Solved

Change of Area code for my number

Badge

I moved from Tennessee state to California and I want to change the area code of one of my phone 

number : 615-***-****

icon

Best answer by gramps28 25 July 2023, 00:19

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can ask Tmobile but that phone number may not be available in that area code.

Badge

Thank u

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

also for online security try to avoid posting any personal info including things such as your phone number. fully public site so everyone and their mom now know your number. i went ahead and marked it to be edited out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can also dial the area code you want and your number to see if that line is in use.

Userlevel 1

You don’t have to change your number because you moved.   Cell phone calls are not billed at long distance rates so having a TN number in CA won’t cost most of your contacts anything unless they still use a landline.   I know many people who have phone numbers with area codes from where they lived when they got their mobile phones even though they’ve moved to different locations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Some people want to have a local area code to where they move for business purposes.

When I moved to AZ I got a Google voice number for free with a 480 area code for business purposes.

Does anyone know if you can choose your area code? We want to change our numbers but want to be able to pick an area code that is not representative of where we live.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Does anyone know if you can choose your area code? We want to change our numbers but want to be able to pick an area code that is not representative of where we live.

On that I'm not sure but you can try getting a number with the area code you want through Google voice. That number will use you plan for calling and texting.

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115061?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

Thanks, but that’s not what we’re trying to accomplish. We already have a google voice number. We want to change our main T-mobile number to something with a different area code.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thanks, but that’s not what we’re trying to accomplish. We already have a google voice number. We want to change our main T-mobile number to something with a different area code.

When I got my T-Mobile number, I could choose between any of the 7 area codes in the metro area where I live.    I don’t know if I could have asked for an area code in another state or region.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Welcome to California.  Hope you get your issue solved.