Solved

Google.com blocked

• 3 May 2024
  • 7 replies

Badge

One of the phones on my Magenta plan has suddenly begun blocking Google.com and google searches while using mobile data, across all browsers. It allows it on WiFi. All other Google services (Google Maps, Google Play) work but not google.com or the Google search app. I removed the parental controls I had set up on it and it allows Google some of the time, but still blocks it half the time. Any suggestions here?

icon

Best answer by wlvnz12 4 May 2024, 03:16

View original

7 replies

I’ve been having this same issue on my phone the last few days! So frustrating, and hoping it’s just a quick fix.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This can sometimes happen when Google thinks a person or people from that IP address are botting the search engine with queries.  Only Google can unblock the IP from accessing their service.  

@syaoran so do we need to request something of Google or how do we resolve this issue? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I'm not sure how to go about it.  There have been threads before on similar things happening.  T-Mobile unfortunately can't undo something they didn't do.  How to reach out to Google to get that looked into...  I'm not sure.  Perhaps their forums or se sort of contact us for the company might be a good place to start.  

Try shutting the affected device off for ainimum of 5 minutes for now.  Doing this will allow the device to drop off of the network and hopefully get a new and unaffected IP address after being powered back up.  At least 5 minutes of it being off is important though.  

I called 611 who reconnected me to the cellular tower near me to re-establish my connection to Google services!

I could not search on google when using data. I try to shut down the phone for ten minutes, but it’s still not working. 
what should I do?

I could not search on google when using data. I try to shut down the phone for ten minutes, but it’s still not working. 
what should I do?

Call 611 and explain the problem!