iPhone 12 Not Activating??

• 30 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi! I just recently upgraded to the iPhone 12 from an S20 FE 5G... but I've ran into a HUGE roadblock! No matter how many sim cards we try, or phones, my phone will not activate! Any calls I try to make direct me to 611. I cannot receive calls either. Can't get texts either, or send them even through iMessage. I have absolutely no data either. 

Has anyone else had this issue with the iPhone 12 and gotten past it?? Tech Support isn't even sure what's going on because my sim says its active. My IMEI isn't blocked. None of that. Are there any ways to even fix this on your own? We've drawn it down to the fact that it's NOT the phone, or the sim card. Its something to do with my service. Any help with this is greatly appreciated!! 

6 replies

hi,

since no one’s offered any thoughts, i’ll give it a try.   

i haven't had the same problem, but i do have some professional/technical network architectural engineering experience, an iphone 12, model number MGG23LL/A, working on t-mobile's 5G network in north Seattle, WA.

i purchased the iphone online at Apple.com & activation was pretty much automatic.  as it was for my cellular+wifi ipad air model MYJ32LL/A.

i just installed the sim, previously in a motorola <something i forget> gsm android handset, and didn’t think further about it.

if i’d had your problem, i’d have hoofed it to a t-mobile kiosk and asked a retail employee to look at it.

if that failed,  i’d have tried a different sim, from a different carrier, maybe a “burner sim” from 7/11 or walmart, a  store like walgreens, rite-aid or similar.  failing these, i'd try to get an RMA from apple and send it back to them for repair/evaluation.  

good luck!  i figure you’re frustrated and i hope a little free advice and thoughts might help.

jon

Badge

It’s with every single phone we’ve used that its having this issue. We took my sim card out and put it in a few of my coworkers phones and bam. No service or anything. It works from time to time now but my data will randomly turn off and I have no clue why :( I work for T Mobile and I love the company and all but it’s just so frustrating at this point… RSL has no idea what’s going on. Neither does corp. I might just end up having to swap carriers at this point and loose my discount lol. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Where did you get the iPhone from?

Badge

Where did you get the iPhone from?

Straight from a T Mobile store. 

Badge +1

Is there an option to use only 4G data? 

Also, (sorry if I missed it) you did not indicate if you can join an existing WiFi network and have tried to activate the iDevice that way

Badge

You can’t get to that unless you can get the phone past the activation part.