Question

iPhone 14 > iPhone 15 trade jn

• 13 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have an iPhone 14 and I want to trade in my phone for the iPhone 15. I still have payments to do because I got it in November 2022. Do I still have to pay it even when I have the new phone? After that is the iPhone 15 free? One more question is that if it’s free since I traded it in does it work for continuing models?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

IIRC you can not trade in a phone you still owe a balance on. This has been the nature in the past but things may have changed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The options for buying a phone can be confusing so I appreciate that you are thinking about it ahead of time. 

The promotions that require a trade in to get a discount also require that the trade in phone be fully paid off. Since you said you are still making payments, you might consider paying off your phone early. You could also see if you have the P360 feature on the phone number. P360 includes the Jump! feature, which allows you to upgrade your phone once it is halfway paid off. That means that you turn in your current phone, we forgive the remaining balance on it, and you start fresh with a new device payment. 

I hope that clarifies things a bit for you :)