Solved

iPhone 7 & 7 Plus not working

• 9 February 2019
  • 6 replies

In my family plan, I have an iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, both stopped receiving voice calls and texts at the same time on the same day.  Any thoughts?  or is a factory reset the only option? Did something change on the network?

icon

Best answer by magenta7658302 13 February 2019, 14:36

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5

Maybe contact Tmo. Sounds more account related than hardware or network.

Was it after a software update? There was a software update rolled out on Feb 7 and iPhone 7&7 Plus variants had issues with microphone and speaker that makes your calling or simple recording any audio works. Can you try recording any audio in the Voice Memo App?

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Did you have signal on both devices? Sometimes a restart can help fix issues like this without having to jump right to a reset. Please keep us posted on this. Thanks.

Well, after performing factory resets on both devices and still not working , and a trip to the apple store......  The devices were replaced, they suspect a power surge damaged the phones.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

That's a pretty odd reason for the phones not to send message, but I'm glad to hear the phones got replaced. I do hope they're working better.

I have 2 iPhones 7plus and both phones at the same time no internet connection and texting messages and iMessage iCloud account are still not working someone said my phone was lost or stolen 305-216-7472 my number for 5 years t-Mobile apple security what to do when I got a new phone and set up a new phone and the same thing happened the same day I still haven’t gotten any one to get online yet what should I do Gary cline apple/privacy mane I need some help please asap