Solved

iPhone Visual voicemail on Dual SIM

• 28 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi,

I have an AT&T eSIM on my iPhone 12 and a physical SIM inserted for an Overseas provider that uses T-Mobile network here in the USA.

I need help getting the visual voicemail for the second line, or even the voicemail itself. I get the pop-up that I have a voicemail, but I don't find it anywhere.

When there's a signal from T-Mobile, I can switch providers to make calls, but I can access the voicemail.

Any suggestions on how to make it work?

icon

Best answer by syaoran 28 December 2022, 18:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Visual Voicemail usually only works with the active line with data enabled.  DSDS only allows one SIM to use data.  You could always dial/call in to your voicemail for the other service.  In roaming situations, Visual Voicemail CA be very hit and miss.

Badge

Thanks for informing me about that; however, I wonder if I understood you correctly!

We can only use one visual voicemail per phone, or can I use both as long as both SIM have a data plan? My overseas SIM card has a Data plan attached to it.

Yeah, I realize I can call/dial to get the voicemail, but I was hoping to see on visual voicemail.

Thanks again

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The way Dual-SIM Dual Standy works  is that only one SIM can have data active at a time.  You could always switch the data in the network settings to the other SIM long enough for it to download your Visual Voicemail for that number, listen to them, and delete them, then switch the data back to the other SIM.  WiFi Calling on the supported number can also get VVM's while the other SIM is still set for data.

Badge

I guess I will give it a try and follow your suggestions.

Thanks a lot.