Not receiving commercial texts

• 22 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

I’m not receiving commercial texts, such as verification codes, on my iPhone 11

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Is your account prepaid or postpaid?  Some 2FA services will not send codes to prepaid numbers.  Do you have shortcodes enabled on your account?  

Badge

It’s postpaid, and yes, I have shortcodes enabled.  It’s actually a commercial account I share with my family, and my phone is the only one having the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey there @galactorlives Those verification text messages are so important these days because of all the heightened security. Weird that your phone is the only one not getting that message. Are you able to receive short codes from other companies (Not including T-Mobile) like your bank? Have you ever been able to get a message from this commercial account? If so, when was the last time that it was successful? 

There are things on the T-Mobile account, device settings, and network that could be preventing the messages, so the more information we have, the better we can resolve the situation. 

Thanks

Badge

HeavenM, I’m not getting any short codes at all, though I used to get them on this phone and I haven’t changed SIM cards.  As far as I can tell, the last time I successfully received was last August--again, on the same phone with the same SIM card as I have now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks for clarifying the duration of the issue. When you say you have short codes enabled, how did you check that? There is a setting on accounts that blocklists all short codes. I have been with the company for a long time and I am still not really sure how that block is added, but I know that it is really easy to fix. You would have to contact customer support. Most people on the community prefer to do this by messaging us on Facebook or Twitter. That T-Force team is great and would easily be able to verify your account and make sure that block all short codes is off. 

A couple other things you can check on your phone real quick:

• I bet you have already checked but in the Settings>Messages do you have Filter Unknown Senders off?
  • Silly thing, but you are within the US while you are trying to get these messages? 
  • Do you have any of those older messages still on your phone? If so, can you reply to one of them with the word HELP and see if you get a response back? 

Thanks for talking it through with me.