Question

promises and disspaointment

• 14 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Dear T-Mobile,

I am extremely disappointed by the way my wireless plan and phone upgrade was handled these past few months. After being an over 5 year loyal customer, I feel that I was misled and treated dishonestly by your sales and customer service teams.

In July 2023, I worked with one of your sales representatives to upgrade my wife's iPhone from the iPhone 12 to iPhone 15. The original representative clearly promised me this would be a free phone upgrade with the trade-in of the old device. I expressed concerns over plan cost increases but was assured this upgrade would not impact my monthly bill.

The very next month, my bill increased by almost $100 from $161 to $250! When I contacted customer service, I learned that not only was the device not free but that the representative had switched me from my Magenta 55 plan to a more expensive plan without my consent. Despite promises of credits and discounts to offset the price increases, over the next months my monthly bill continued to rise - now up to $222.

As I now understand, I have been moved between plans multiple times, with credits and promotions expiring or changing with each switch. After hours spent on this issue with your various departments and broken reassurances of resolutions, it is clear I cannot trust what your representatives tell me.

The way T-Mobile has handled my account, upgrade, and billing has been completely unacceptable. I entered into an upgrade agreement based on false information and have since experienced nothing but rising monthly costs and frustration trying to resolve this. I expect T-Mobile to own up to the deceptive sales tactics used and make right of this situation immediately.

Please advise on next steps here. If T-Mobile does not take responsibility and provide a satisfactory resolution, I will need to cancel my 5+ year service and encourage friends and family to stay away as well. I look forward to a prompt and honest response.

Regards, eli

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you’ll need to contact TMO either by calling in (tier 1 support) or through Facebook/Twitter (tier 2 support recommended).