Question

recovery key

• 22 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

I have an IPhone 12 and have forgotten my  password for my Apple account, it asked me for a 28 character recovery key, I don’t know what that is, can the T-Mobile store help or anyone help 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I have an IPhone 12 and have forgotten my  password for my Apple account, it asked me for a 28 character recovery key, I don’t know what that is, can the T-Mobile store help or anyone help 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208072

But, be careful:

https://9to5mac.com/2020/11/25/apple-id-recovery-key-2

Badge

This doesn’t help me because I have to have my password or the 28 character recovery key 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

This doesn’t help me because I have to have my password or the 28 character recovery key 

I realize, but you asked what a recovery key was.

You turned on recovery key, and Apple gives stern warnings about it, especially if you lose the recovery key.

Creating a recovery key turns off account recovery.

Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently. With that in mind, it's important to keep your recovery key in a safe place. You might want to give a copy of your recovery key to a family member, or keep copies in more than one place. That way you always have your recovery key when you need it.

Badge

I don’t remember ever turning it on or having a recovery key , that’s what I’m saying is what would my recovery key be because I don’t have one, or can the T-Mobile store help 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I don’t remember ever turning it on or having a recovery key , that’s what I’m saying is what would my recovery key be because I don’t have one, or can the T-Mobile store help 

You can try a T-Mobile store, but a better option might be an Apple store.

You could possibly try the steps in the following link, to see if anything works:

If you forgot your Apple ID password