sending text to my cell phone using @tmomail.net no longer working?

Show first post

38 replies

They closed my previous ticket.  I have new ticket # 74400152 opened about this

I see that several people have opened trouble tickets, but I’m unclear on exactly what the fix was as I have now opened 3 tickets with T-Mobile and I’m getting various answers.

The first answer is that email to text support has been discontinued, but I pushed the further and asked how they could be the only carrier that doesn’t support this and there must be a work around.  I was now told they would escalate but to allow 4 days for a response.

I’m asking specifically of those that got it fixed, “What can I tell the rep to do on the T-Mobile side”, do they have to open up specific domains that I can receive email to text from?  

Everything I tell the rep is above their pay grade.

Thanks,

Badge

My emails go to text but says download, but doe Not download.  If I add a picture to the email to text it goes through no problem with the picture and the text ?????.

Badge

Ya find that very weird…yet they say there are NO Issues ????????

Still not fixed for me, and now it is ever worse as sending from my swbell.net account which worked last week doesn’t work today.

My emails go to text but says download, but doe Not download.  If I add a picture to the email to text it goes through no problem with the picture and the text ?????.

Great find!  It also works for me with a picture, go figure!

Same here.   It’s cool that it works, but doesn’t help with my sich.

Badge +1

Same problem using iCloud email. The failure messages go into my junk mail 100% of the time, hours after I sent the original message, so I had to keep an eye out for them.

They generally look like this:

<my-10-digit-phone#@tmomail.net>: host tmo-west.mx.a.cloudfilter.net[35.85.199.61]
   said: 452 4.1.0 <my-sending-email-account@icloud.com> server temporarily unavailable
   AUP#MXRT (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

OR, occasionally:

<my-10-digit-phone#@tmomail.net>: host tmo-east.mx.a.cloudfilter.net[54.147.231.4]
   refused to talk to me: 421 tmo-ibgw-5001a.ext.cloudfilter.net cmsmtp too
   many sessions from 17.57.156.19 AUP#CNCT

The ‘17.’ IP address in the 2nd failure is an iCloud server.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@BBiggi i don’t use it. But here is a thread talking about how to use it. Maybe the T-Mobile service is backed up?

I hope this helps. 

Still dealing with this ticket.  Same situation as described above.   I’m told this has been worked on by senior engineers at T-Mo.  Still can’t get to the bottom of it.

Our mail server is getting a “Sender_Rejected” message.  Can’t speak for Yahoo.

I too am experiencing issues with the email to text.  I use Home Assistant to send notifications about the house to the phone.  Stopped working beginning of July.  I see the sent item in the Gmail Sent folder, no errors. But doesn’t make it to the destination.  Interestingly, when I use a different gmail account, it goes through.  But from the other gmail account it does not.  Weird. Gmail to Apple device.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Interesting - I just sent myself a text using the (my cell #)@tmomail.net address and it worked fine. Are you adding a “1” in front of your number? 

How do you open one?   Or contact anyone at T-Mobile with a clue?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

How do you open one?   Or contact anyone at T-Mobile with a clue?

calling in to TMO lands you with tier 1 support.

Facebook/Twitter lands you with tier 2 support.

i recommend the FB/Twitter route.