T mobile trade in scam

• 29 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have the same issue for my trade in devices.  I trade in from Verizon to T-Mobile, they told me I HAVE TO get new phones and they make go from an iPhone 13 in Verizon to an iPhone 13 on T-Mobile. Now, I received an email saying that I should have kept the old phones in order to be able to do the keep and switch promotion. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY, WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE, I HAVE CALLED at least 20 times this week and no one knows what to do, I went to the store and they said that keep waiting, waiting for what? until I can’t return the new phones?

1 reply

I took advantage of the Magenta Max offer switching my provider to T Mobile and was told I would have a credit of $1000 toward a new phone.  Also traded in my iphone 11.  I chose the iphone 14 as the credit covered the cost but now find out that was not the case and my credit does not cover the cost of the 14.  I am charged each month for equipment when my interest in switching was to lower my bill.  Had I known the 14 was not covered I would have chosed an older model that would be.  Customer service was nice but unable to do anything  Waiting to hear from supervisor Jem re: how to resolve this extra charge.  I’ve been talking up T Mobile to friends and family and regret promoting this deal.