Text short codes won't work, saying "access denied."??

• 1 March 2017
  • 5 replies

Since switching to T Mobile from Verizon, my phone won't allow me to text any short code numbers. (joining a text club, or company text lost, etc). Every time I submit a text to a short code there is an automatic response of "Service Access Denied." I would love to get this problem resolved as soon as possible as I have lost all my access to text clubs and information joined by texting a short code.

5 replies

Userlevel 4

Great question!

What type of account have you signed up for?

-Lauren

Userlevel 3

Hey @jonandkrystal‌!  Just checking in with you to see if you still had concerns about this.  Certain plan types don't allow for short codes, but others do - if you let us know what type of plan you have, we can steer you in the right direction.  If this has fixed itself, please let us know!

- Marissa

I got the same issue when replying to a 5 or 6 digit codes SMS.  I have the Simple Choice plan 2.5 GB (post paid).

Thanks!

Have you got this issue resolved yet? I recently had the same problems... it was fine before. And I didn't even change anything on my T-mobile account at all

here is the fix for short codes never coming through for you (unless it was from T-Mobile)… go to SETTINGS > APPS > click on the 3 horizontal menu lines in right upper corner > scroll down and click on SPECIAL ACCESS > scroll down and click on USE PREMIUM TEXT MESSAGE SERVICES > if your text app says ASK that is the problem (although it never asked me)… click on it to change it to ALWAYS ALLOW… fixed - short codes always come through for me now...