Question

Trade-In

• 3 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

With all the trade-in issues does anyone suggest I just go to a store and get a receipt of trade-in? Not sure if they provide one or not but seems like people are not receiving their credits for the trade-in value.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Just keep in mind mistakes happen in all scenarios. As for “all of the trade in issues” on this community forum, you are getting only the ones that ran into these mistakes. People who don’t have problems and everything goes fine do not create a new post just to say it went well. I would not be surprised if the overall chance of problems is less than 1% or measured in PPM.

Thinking of this logically, going to a store will lower your chance of mistakes versus mailing because the store will check your device before accepting it and yes you do get a receipt once they accept and they will also confirm the trade in value. You are there in person and have live interaction with any questions and concerns.

Badge

So here is an update. I sent the trade-in using the USPS label provided by TMoblle. I also tracked and it was received in TX on Nov 19th. Unfortunately on Nov 23rd I received a text from TMobile stating my trade was never received and I am going to lose my credits on Nov 30th. I called and spoke to a very nice rep that told me not to worry it can take 14 business days to process. So what happens on the 30th when I lose my credits? I am out a phone and credits and still owe money on that phone to my prior carrier. Somehow my gut told me this was not going to work out smoothly and here we are. I should have opted for the keep and switch and had TMobile pay my phone off. I asked what happens if the status does not change and it just keeps showing not received - I was told an investigation will be opened. Super disappointed I am in this position and cannot recommend this avenue for anyone going to TMobile.  Some comments I see are over a year old. Its shocking in a years' time this process has not improved any. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

So here is an update. I sent the trade-in using the USPS label provided by TMoblle. I also tracked and it was received in TX on Nov 19th. Unfortunately on Nov 23rd I received a text from TMobile stating my trade was never received and I am going to lose my credits on Nov 30th. I called and spoke to a very nice rep that told me not to worry it can take 14 business days to process. So what happens on the 30th when I lose my credits? I am out a phone and credits and still owe money on that phone to my prior carrier. Somehow my gut told me this was not going to work out smoothly and here we are. I should have opted for the keep and switch and had TMobile pay my phone off. I asked what happens if the status does not change and it just keeps showing not received - I was told an investigation will be opened. Super disappointed I am in this position and cannot recommend this avenue for anyone going to TMobile.  Some comments I see are over a year old. Its shocking in a years' time this process has not improved any. 

My last trade in back in Oct took 9 days from receiving in TX to getting confirmation of of the trade in amount as promised. This is a normal turn around time. As long as you have the delivery confirmation dated 11/19 you should be fine.