Question

trying to log into your icloud when setting up an iphone.

• 12 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge

I have been trying to set up my phone for days. I just got a new iphone and have been trying to set it up using my old apple id. The problem is, is that it needs verification. So it either wants to send me a text or an email (through my icloud email) for verification. I cannot use my number because it is not being used right now as I am trying to put it into my new phone and I cant use my imail because it needs verification from a code sent to my phone number. I have tried logging in on my computer to do this and have run into the same cycle. Does anyone know what I can do?

6 replies

I am having the same issue. I need to replace my iphone and I finally received a new iphone that I can’t activate because I don’t have access to icloud due to verification issues. I have been without a phone on this line for almost 3 weeks now! It’s crazy how complicated they make this process with the ridiculous wait times for everything. Apple and T-Mobile need a better process for upgrades like this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

how complicated they make it? back everything up on your old phone..then...swap the sim card into the new phone...THEN...turn it on, sign into your istuff and download all that is needed on the new phone.

as crazy as it sounds..you could also sign in by turning on your wifi and signing the new phone into your home wifi so it has a data connection.

You don’t need to be so condescending. First, the old phone is dead. Second, the new phone is an iphone 14 pro, which doesn’t use a physical sim card. The new phones use esims. Third, even with wifi turned on, icloud won’t let me into my account unless I access it through another iphone (which is broken) or a mac (which I don’t own). Because I’m trying to log into icloud through a new phone that is not already activated with an account, apple is making me wait one full week for them to verify my identity so that I can activate my new phone with my icloud account. I have been without a phone for 3 weeks at this point. By the time T-mobile did the upgrade and sent the phone to me, it had already been two weeks. Then when I got the phone I had to go out an buy a charger for it the next day, then I tried to setup the phone and apple made me wait 3 days to verify my account and let me log into my icloud account on my laptop (windows), and then another 7 days for them to verify my identity to activate my phone. Any way you slice it, the process is just flat out crazy and disorganized! At this point, I’m thinking of cancelling the entire account and giving back the phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

probably would have helped if you would have included all of this with your original post.

smh *sigh… just don’t try to make people feel like they’re dumb because it’s not always their fault. You just be nice, okay?! Just because you’re online doesn’t mean you should talk down to people when they are in a tough situation.

Remember... some people know more than you and other know less than you. You don’t know them personally so don’t assume either way how much they know. Don’t talk down to people, instead just try to help if that is what you are here for.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i provided what i could for the info that was provided.. my response was in fact a response to your question.

I am having the same issue. I need to replace my iphone and I finally received a new iphone that I can’t activate because I don’t have access to icloud due to verification issues. I have been without a phone on this line for almost 3 weeks now! It’s crazy how complicated they make this process with the ridiculous wait times for everything. Apple and T-Mobile need a better process for upgrades like this!

how complicated they make it? back everything up on your old phone..then...swap the sim card into the new phone...THEN...turn it on, sign into your istuff and download all that is needed on the new phone.

as crazy as it sounds..you could also sign in by turning on your wifi and signing the new phone into your home wifi so it has a data connection.

anywho..if you are needing assistance in here i recommend adding as much info as you can so those that DO assist in here have something to work with. zero info about the previous phone not being able to power on..or the fact that you were swapping from a physical sim to an esim..

what im saying is you cant make bricks without clay..and you did not  provide enough clay