Solved

unable to receive verification codes

• 14 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I’ve already called T-mobile, the person I spoke with was useless. I recently got a new phone and now I cannot receive verification code texts. This happened before with my previous phone and when I called T-mobile they fixed it in seconds. It was something on my account they had to remove. I explained this to the person I was on the phone with, and she kept telling me there was nothing wrong with my account. She made me restart my phone, change settings, etc. and surprise, surprise nothing worked! I know it’s something they need to fix on my account because I’ve been through this before. She just wouldn’t listen. Now a ticket is being sent to engineering?! UGH this is so frustrating. Who else can I talk to? This should seriously be a 5 second fix and it’s turned into an hour-long process!

icon

Best answer by syaoran 14 December 2023, 20:22

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

usually they remove short code from your account then re add it back on.

you can also contact TMO through either Facebook or Twitter..this starts you with tier 2 support over the call in tier 1 agents.

Badge

Is it just the regular TMobile Facebook page?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Check that you didn’t accidentally block text messages from T-Mobile.    

That happened to me.  I found the T-Mobile texting number in Blocked Contacts.   Easy to make this mistake if you are flooded with spam text messages.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yes.  Send a DM to T-Mobile on Facebook or Twitter to reach a tier 2 level of support from the start.

If you switched from an iPhone to an Android device or vice versa.  Make sure you mention that when contacting T-Mobile.

Badge

Check that you didn’t accidentally block text messages from T-Mobile.    

That happened to me.  I found the T-Mobile texting number in Blocked Contacts.   Easy to make this mistake if you are flooded with spam

I don’t have anything in blocked contacts. I can receive from TMobile just not anyone else.

Badge

Yes.  Send a DM to T-Mobile on Facebook or Twitter to reach a tier 2 level of support from the start.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Thank you!

I was editing my post when you replied.  If you switched from an Android to an iPhone or vice versa.  Make sure you mention that.