Question

Where is my iPhone 15 Pro Max? - My wife got hers, orded the next day!

• 26 September 2023
  • 62 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello T-Mobile and Community!

I have an interesting story.  I ordered my iPhone 15 ProMax - White from T-mobile on Launch Day (9/15/23 @ 10:30 AM) on my Account.  I am still waiting and it says it should be shipped by October 3rd.

My wife ordered the SAME EXACT phone the next day (9/16/23 @ 11:30 PM) on her account.  She did order a regular sized Pro on launch day and then decided she wanted the bigger one, so she reordered the next day.  It initially said November delivery.

She got her phone on drop day (9/22/23), and I have no updates on my phone.  I called T-mobile, and they were like, yeah - no clue, sorry.  Same shipping address and everything.  It is so frustrating that T-mobile and their system would not fulfill orders in the proper sequence.  I am still waiting with no updates and just a “too bad, so sad” from T-mobile.

62 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Pro and Pro Max are not the same device. The Pro Max is the most sold phone. She would more than likely get hers first due to the popularity of the Pro Max. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It sounds like she canceled the original order and ordered the max. Didn't say if they both were the same color and storage.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yep.  Same exact colors and models.  Both White 15 Pro Max with 256 GB.  Sending to the same address.  She ordered the (small) 15 Pro on Pre-Order Day (Friday 9-15-23) and then changed her mind to the Pro Max on the Saturday (9-16-23).  We have different accounts since we have grandparents on our accounts… so we have 2 separate accounts.  I ordered the White Pro Max 256 GB on Pre-order day (@ 9:45am just checked my order).  Her delivery was scheduled for early November.  Mine was scheduled early October.  Somehow she got hers on Launch Day (9/22/23) and I still don’t have any updates.  I just don’t get it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Out of curiosity what's how long has the accounts  been opened?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Both opened at the same exact time.  August of 2021.  All devices were ready for upgrades.  We both upgraded from Magenta Max to Go5G Plus at the same time on Sept. 15th for better trade-ins.  A real head scratcher for me 🤔

Userlevel 1
Badge

I must say, I really like T-Mobile and quite frankly I would prefer my wife to get her phone before me.  It is just a weird situation that does’t make any sense to me.  My awesome local T-Mobile store manager has no answers.  I just think T-mobile should make sure the orders are fulfilled in the order they are received.  Most people would not know that this would happen.  I had a perfect test with the EXACT same devices and similar (but seperate accounts).  I hope T-mobile looks into this and makes fixes on their end.  There is definitely an issue somewhere.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@HeavenM might have more insight into this.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@HeavenMmight have more insight into this.

Thanks @gramps28 .  I appreciate your attention to my thread.  Take care!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Heaven is the community manager so she may know how the phones are rolled out.

I was at our local mall and walked by the Apple store wondering why it was packed and employees were taking appointments on Saturday until I realized it was the release date.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

didnt read through all that was said but keep in mind that if you ordered the next day..or heck half a day later than someone else that is a TON of people that ordered within that time. heck you can order one..get off the phone..call back in to order a second one and theres probably been hundreds sold already in that few minutes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

This one does sound like a head scratcher for sure. If the make, model, and color are exactly the same, they should ship out in the order that the purchases were made. The primary factors for orders are the order system, inventory, payment, and shipping. The order system would be the same if you both were doing orders with trade-ins without new lines. The inventory, as mentioned, is in first come first serve, so logically yours would be before hers. If we have not handed your phone to UPS yet, then shipping is not a factor in this situation. That leaves us with payment and I don’t see any information about that in this conversation yet. 

Did you use the same payment method for both orders? Did you get any kind of alert from T-Mobile or your bank about the payment for your order? Does it show that your card has been charged for both orders or just one? What is the status currently on your order? 

These are probably things that the other T-Mobile people already looked at when you asked about it before. Since I don’t have account access, I have to ask. haha Just trying to get as much info so maybe I can glean some insights that could help. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

didnt read through all that was said but keep in mind that if you ordered the next day..or heck half a day later than someone else that is a TON of people that ordered within that time. heck you can order one..get off the phone..call back in to order a second one and theres probably been hundreds sold already in that few minutes.

EXACTLY! Again, I ordered mine 29 hours before my wife. She go hers but I am still waiting. Per the thread.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@HeavenM - thank you for the reply! I thought there was a payment issue or something too. That’s why I called my local store manager and T-mobile support (twice) to make sure everything was OK. They check and everything is correct. Yes, my credit card was charged for the taxes and came out of my account. I have no clue… Neither does anyone else. 🙃

Userlevel 1
Badge

@HeavenM Order Status “Running” on home tab.

details here:

Completed

Estimated to ship  09/27/2023 - 10/03/2023

same since the day I ordered it 😬

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Wow! What is the current status of your order? Running, pending, shipped? I can review the status and see what information that gives us.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Current status… Running 🏃‍♂️ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hmm. I show that running means that the device is preparing to ship. That would make the ship dates on the order correct. I have no idea how her phone ended up shipping at launch and yours waited for the expected shipping date. I wish that I could say something different, but it doesn't make any sense. 😐 I can totally let our teams know that there was something out of order there and they can review to prevent that from happening on future launches. 

Thanks for taking the deeper dive and answering all my questions.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for looking into it and your feedback all! I appreciate it. I’ll keep impatiently waiting for my phone 🤣

Hey @Mucklucksky im in the same boat. Same timeframe for estimated shipping dates and my order is “Running”. Did yours update at all? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Ryan Singh.sd nothing yet. Still running! I get it is the most popular color (or no color 😂) but it’s crazy. I would be interested when folks received their similar devices and when they ordered. I ordered mine 1hr and 30 minutes after preorder started. The soonest I could at my local store.

Does your order still show running? Knowing that the ship dates are between 9/27-10/3 I’m hoping your status changes today at least 😵‍💫

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Nini1690 - unfortunately, yes.  My order still shows running 🫠.  I’ll update you and the chat if my status changes - hopefully soon🤞.  This is the week mine should be shipping 🚚.

@HeavenM Order Status “Running” on home tab.

details here:

Completed

Estimated to ship  09/27/2023 - 10/03/2023

same since the day I ordered it 😬

Do you get it or order status change?, tomorrow already October 3rd

Userlevel 1
Badge

@HeavenM , thanks for checking in!  Nothing yet.  Now when I look at my shipping dates it changed to 10/3/23 to 10/10/23 😖

mine says 21/10/2023 to 06/11/2023 hope you get yours soon.