Question

XR Blue 64 MB Apps nol longer work

• 3 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

We switched from another company, now my apps wont work!  My fun phone is now a door stop!  It can basically call out, calls usually don’t ring in unless they are on my contact list and a lot of the time they don’t even do that, causing important missed calls. missed taxis, etc.  I’m disabled I can’t afford to miss taxis & T-mobile is costing me, like ending up sleeping on a park bench one day, for the night.  A disabled senior female!!  Thanks T-mobile your safety concerns don’t really care about me, maybe my phone but not my physical safety!!!!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

iPhones, especially the 10, have some terrible Intel radios in them.  With the iPhone 15’s not too far off.  Your device is also beyond the support window for OS updates.  Cellular networks have changed a lot in the past 5 years, especially T-Mobile’s.  Have you tried doing a network reset on it?  Have you tried a factory reset if a network reset hasn’t helped?  

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

First, have you restarted the phone?  Hold the right button and volume Up button at the same time.  Power off, wait a minute.  Hold the right button long enough to restart.

Be sure the mute switch on the left side isn’t off.

Settings to check:

Settings>Cellular>under T-MOBILE: Network Selection T-Mobile>Automatic ON

Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data ON; Cellular Data Options Roaming ON > Data Roaming ON (Assuming your plan has Data and allows Roaming; I think most if not all T-Mobile plans have both)

To allow the phone to ring when someone not in your Contacts calls you:  Settings>Phone>Silence Unknown Callers>OFF   If you are bothered by unwanted calls, leave it ON unless you are expecting a call.  After that call, add the number to your contacts if there is a chance they will call you again.  I