Solved

Price Lock

Show first post

290 replies

Userlevel 4

Count me in on this ONE! Our pricIng was supposed to be guaranteed for LIFE on the ONE Plan Unlimited 55. This is not right. I smell a class action lawsuit. CEO dumped a bunch of stock yesterday ahead of the news. This is what happens when a small company gets huge and “corporate”. Don’t make promises that you can’t keep, T-Mobile. Corporate greed runs amok here too!

Userlevel 1
Badge

My message said $5 per line and I have 4 lines: 2 phones, a watch & home internet. Whatever happened to price lock? My bill will be going up $40? I will be looking elsewhere for service. For one thing, and especially with all the trouble I’ve had lately with my 5G home internet along with Comcast coming out with a new internet service they are calling NOW for $30/month including taxes, fees and gateway making them less expensive than T-Mobile and more stable that will likely be my first change. That alone will save me $15/month (I pay $40 for the internet which will soon be $45). I’m still paying off phones and a watch but will look elsewhere as soon as those are done. T-Mobile has become just like all the others. Loyalty is a one way street with them. 

Userlevel 4

Are they offering a less expensive plan for seniors?

NO. But they are trying to get you to switch to a new senior plan with no additional benefits except to maybe save you a buck or two on taxes, BUT this is sneaky and don’t do it because the taxes and ‘fees’  are NOT included and they can go up anytime which gives them the ability to increase the price anytime they want. DON’T DO IT!

On my current plan, taxes and fees are included. 

Userlevel 4

Everyone should open up a complaint with the FCC. It will take 5 minutes or less.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I just received a text message that t-mobile is increasing the rate of my cell phone plan.... T-mobile has eliminated the autopay discount for credit cards... t-mobile has exposed my personal information via a data breach.... Time to shop for a new cell phone carrier

I would like to know this, too. Same question about cellular iPads attached to phone plans.

Userlevel 1
Badge

So forever / will never go up  only means until you decide to raise the rates? It was your slogan and promise…

Userlevel 1
Badge

I just received a text message that t-mobile is increasing the rate of my cell phone plan.... T-mobile has eliminated the autopay discount for credit cards... t-mobile has exposed my personal information via a data breach.... Time to shop for a new cell phone carrier

Userlevel 1

Signed up in 2017 for the 55-plus plan that was billed as guaranteed for life. Called customer service today and, as expected, got stonewalled by a poor girl making minimum wage to take complaints from grouchy old men like me. (I was polite.) Class action lawsuit would go nowhere. The only recourse is to change carriers, which I will do if I find a better deal. 

This is quite simply a breach of contract. Can you say “class action lawsuit”? I intend to pursue my legal remedies!

Userlevel 1
Badge

So forever / will never go up only means until you decide to change your prices.  Your slogan and promise…

I have 4 lines at $5 increase each plus 2 devises at $2 each. Went up $24. That’s a significant increase for  “ price will never go up” 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Badge

Is there some “small print’ in our contracts that allows them to do this?? Or is it just out and out promise busting?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

If I recall … John Legere had made statements in the past stating that there was the ‘Uncarrier promise’ to not raise plan prices.

I’m not surprised that Mike Sievert cashed out $6.5 million worth of shares (10%) this week.

Raising prices, eliminating many of the price advantages that were used to get customers in the first place … like autopay.  Ironically .. AT&T just had a large data breach as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sadly, there are no good/honest carriers out there.  I’ve used all of the national ones (Nextel, Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile).  They have lawyers, bean counters, analysts and sales spend months prepping for this stuff.

TBH, T-Mobile’s “Uncarrier” status has become more of that of a typical carrier.  Even their “Office of Executive Management” team is typically difficult to deal with.

I love that they’re increasing the prices yet. Their service has gotten so bad that you can’t use it in my area. I have to have a cell phone repeater in my house and use Wi-Fi calling at all my friends. I used to get reception on my way to work now I have a 7 mile stretch with no coverage whatsoever, this company sucks! Service has gotten worse ever since they claim to have switched to 5G yet I see the towers that were theirs have all been taken down in my area. Hence the reason why service is getting worse can’t wait to switch to Verizon this fall. I don’t care I pay five times the amount I’ll never come back to T-Mobile.

I have also received this disgusting Text from T-Mobile. 

I am on ONE Plan Unlimited 55, which was supposed to be a “Price Lock” also.

I have attempted to get into my “Account Details” to compare prices and features and keep getting “We Got Our Wires Crossed’ error message.

It looks like T-Mobile has locked folks out of their accounts so that they cannot change or cancel services.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Just filed a complaint with the FCC, and I reccomend everyone does the same thing. Consumer Complaints FCC

Userlevel 1
Badge

That’s a definition not in Webster’s. 

Userlevel 1

I am grandfathered in on the very first over 55 plan. At that time I was promised no price increase for a lifetime. I thought only AT&T broke their promises to customers. That’s why I dropped them. Now with a new CEO T-Mobile has done the same thing. They have turned out to be liars too. It’s corporate greed. Increase the stock value and screw the customers.

Userlevel 2

Everyone should open up a complaint with the FCC. It will take 5 minutes or less.

Do you have the link to FCC complaint option?

Badge

We have been on this plan for over 8 years.  We signed up because of the no price increase EVER.  HOW can they do this??? I think we may have a class action suit here. Anyone know a good honest lawyer? (I know….a misnomer for sure).

I am really po’d about this.  I know it’s only $10, but it’s the principal!

Just filed a complaint with the FCC, and I reccomend everyone does the same thing. Consumer Complaints FCC

Same. Took no time what so ever to submit. Hope this will do some good. 

Userlevel 1

Broken promises indeed!

We were also one of the first on the over 55 plan…….there will never be a price increase!

we have been loyal for many years and paid our bills promptly.

Loyalty from corporate America is now a thing of the past……..screw the little guy!

Userlevel 1

I too just filed an FCC complaint.  Thanks for the link!