Solved

Price Lock

Show first post

290 replies

It appears they are trying to break the contracts again.  I guess with the Sprint purchase they are now ‘larger’ and want to be like Verizon and AT&T.  We will have to see how well the original contracts hold up.  From 2017:

At “Un-carrier Next,” T-Mobile charts what’s next in wireless—announces an end to bogus monthly fees and added taxes, abolishes price hikes & pays customers back for unused data

Las Vegas, Nevada — January 5, 2017 —T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) today kicked off the next phase in its Un-carrier Movement—and unveiled a barrage of new moves aimed at eliminating some of the worst customer pain points in wireless today. Speaking at the “Un-carrier Next”

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/press/un-carrier-next 1/10

5/22/24, 1:36 PM The Un-carrier Goes ‘All In.’ T-Mobile ONE Now Includes Taxes & Fees. - T-Mobile Newsroom

press event during CES in Las Vegas, T-Mobile president and CEO John Legere and COO Mike Sievert announced the Un-carrier is putting an end to all those crazy monthly fees and added taxes, giving you—and only you—the power to change the price you pay, and even putting money back in your pocket for data you don’t use.

Userlevel 3

Time to shop around.  I too bragged that I had $60/month for two lines locked in for life.  I’ll go with someone else just to prove a point. Shoot myself in the foot, who cares.  Their coverage is lousy anyways.

Userlevel 4

I have just completed the submittal of my complaint to the FCC.  Let’s inundate them with DETAILED complaints.  This is obvious breach of contract by T-Mobile, and we need to stand against it.

I sent them documentation from the original website info on the plan where it says the price only changes if the customer changes or opts out of their plan, plus the chat support transcript to me when I signed on, saying the same thing.

They have already changed the website to show that my plan cost has gone up.  I copied the following statement from their site this morning.  (They may have taken it down by now!)

“Starting January 18, 2024, customers activating or switching to an eligible rate plan get our Price Lock guarantee that only you can change what you pay—and we mean it! To show just how serious we are, if we were to make a price change and you decide to leave, just let us know within 60 days and we’ll cover the cost of your final month’s recurring service charges.

Customers who qualified for Price Lock before January 18 won’t see any changes as long as they maintain their qualifying plan. For more information, please contact us by dialing 611 from your T-Mobile phone or calling 1-800-937-8997.”

You can see the “weasel language” for those who signed up on or after 1/18/24.  However, for those of us who entered into the agreement prior to that date, they have reiterated their contract with us.  “...won’t see ANY changes as long as they maintain their qualifying plan….”

Userlevel 1
Badge

Are they saying our Magenta 55+ is no longer a qualifying rate plan ?????  

If you are on a price-lock guaranteed Rate Plan, we will not increase your monthly recurring Service charge (“Recurring Charge”) for the period that applies to your Rate Plan, or if no specific period applies, for as long as you continuously remain a customer in good standing on a qualifying Rate Plan. If you switch plans, the price-lock guarantee for your new Rate Plan will apply (if there is one). The price-lock guarantee is limited to your Recurring Charge and does not include, for example, add-on features, taxes, surcharges, fees, or charges for extra Features or Devices.

Userlevel 1

I've been with them since 2010 on the magenta plan and like everyone else I've seen have been told of the increase. I would love to be part of a class action lawsuit because of this. I'm sick of big business putting profit above loyal customers. If T-mobile would stop having thier customers service representatives lie just to get a sale people would not be able to complain. In my opinion every customer service representative was told to lie just to make the sale because I'm pretty sure everyone of us on here did not talk to the same person when we signed up so like I was just told by a supervisor a bad apple in reference to the person that signed me up. If anyone knows how to get a lawsuit started please message me on here so I can help get it going.

Userlevel 2

Per their T&Cs, prices locks are to stay in place so you as you remain a customer in good standing...

If you are on a price-lock guaranteed Rate Plan, we will not increase your monthly recurring Service charge (“Recurring Charge”) for the period that applies to your Rate Plan, or if no specific period applies, for as long as you continuously remain a customer in good standing on a qualifying Rate Plan. If you switch plans, the price-lock guarantee for your new Rate Plan will apply (if there is one). The price-lock guarantee is limited to your Recurring Charge and does not include, for example, add-on features, taxes, surcharges, fees, or charges for extra Features or Devices.

What is “T&Cs”—terms and conditions? Do you have a link for the above so the rest of us can use it? Otherwise, it’s just something some guy said. 😉

Userlevel 3
Badge

Per their T&Cs, prices locks are to stay in place so you as you remain a customer in good standing...

What is “T&Cs”—terms and conditions? Do you have a link for the above so the rest of us can use it? Otherwise, it’s just something some guy said. 😉

For the T-Mobile ONE Plans, this is the page they promised to not raise rates (yes, it’s been backed up in case T-Mobile removes it): https://www.t-mobile.com/news/press/un-carrier-next and this is the back up link for when this page is eventually removed: https://web.archive.org/web/20240522124949/https://www.t-mobile.com/news/press/un-carrier-next

Userlevel 3

Sent this to the FCC Complaint site.  We need to swamp them with complaints.  ---- Signed up with T-Mobile in 2018.  This was their 55+ plan which was $30/line, locked in for life.  They absolutely stated "FOR LIFE".  Now they are going to institute a price increase.  We can no longer access our account information. I have attempted to get into my “Account Details” and keep getting “We Got Our Wires Crossed’ error message.  It looks like T-Mobile has locked us out of our accounts.  Please help us.  There have to be hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of senior citizens that will be getting hit with increased fees per line.  They are committing fraud by not honoring the price lock.

Userlevel 1
Badge

T&C - Terms and Conditions as of May 15, 2023.  I downloaded them as I expect the online files to get “revised” and change. 

Terms & Conditions | T-Mobile Legal Center

search for “price” to get to price-lock section. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Sent this to the FCC Complaint site.  We need to swamp them with complaints.  ---- Signed up with T-Mobile in 2018.  This was their 55+ plan which was $30/line, locked in for life.  They absolutely stated "FOR LIFE".  Now they are going to institute a price increase.  We can no longer access our account information. I have attempted to get into my “Account Details” and keep getting “We Got Our Wires Crossed’ error message.  It looks like T-Mobile has locked us out of our accounts.  Please help us.  There have to be hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of senior citizens that will be getting hit with increased fees per line.  They are committing fraud by not honoring the price lock.

I fully agree, when I was complaining I made sure to let the rep know I was NOT upset at them, but at T-Mobile themselves and to put pressure on their bosses. I’ve been in the rep’s shoes before, with multiple companies. But we still need to force T-Mobile to make it right even if it means getting the FCC involved. 

I also have 2 Magenta 55 lines and 2 smart watches, paid by auto-draft from my bank.    I got the same text saying $2 per connected device increase, but I was just told by a T-Mobile representative (quite politely, I have to say) that my actual increase will be $14.00--$5 per phone line and $2 per watch.  I will be filing a complaint with FCC (https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us) and shopping for a new provider.  

Yeah, all those commercials about never raising your rates.  It’s one thing to raise the plan rates for new customers but what happened to being grandfathered in ?  Bottom line they are liars.  

Userlevel 2

I have had the  guaranteed for LIFE pricing on the ONE Plan Unlimited 55 since 2018. How can T-Mobile just change a contract without the customer’s agreement?  I tried speaking to customer service twice but all they would do is give me a P.O. box to write to.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have had the  guaranteed for LIFE pricing on the ONE Plan Unlimited 55 since 2018. How can T-Mobile just change a contract without the customer’s agreement?  I tried speaking to customer service twice but all they would do is give me a P.O. box to write to.

I would recommend each person on your plan files a complaint with the FCC

Everyone who has been affected by the increase needs to not only contact the FCC, but their AG's office, Better Business Bureau and your local TV station.  The more you reach out to, the more will hear you.

This is a true definition of Bait and Switch!!!!

I also filed an FCC complaint.
When I spoke with TMobile the message was ‘’there really wasn’t a contract’ , and ‘we researched all other providers and even with this price increase we’re still the cheapest’.  So one can picture them deciding that no one will really switch plans even if disgusted with the company for breaking their word.

Userlevel 3

I have the T-Mobile One 55+ plan, which came with a John Legere promise not to increase the price. That was their “Un-Contract” which stated in part, 

New Rule:  Only YOU Should Have the Power to Change What You Pay – Introducing Un-contract for T-Mobile ONE

Today, T-Mobile introduced the Un-contract for T-Mobile ONE – and notched another industry first with the first-ever price guarantee on an unlimited 4G LTE plan. With the Un-contract, T-Mobile signs, and customers hold all the power. Now, T-Mobile ONE customers keep their price until THEY decide to change it. T-Mobile will never change the price you pay for your T-Mobile ONE plan. When you sign up for T-Mobile ONE, only YOU have the power to change the price you pay.

It looks to me that T-Mobile is in material breach of un-contract, and I can forsee a DOJ investigation over this, as well as a *HUGE* class action lawsuit. The notice I received via text a little while ago told me my price would be increasing $5/line for my two lines, making my next bill $70 instead of $60. I’m not a happy camper right now. The paragraph I noted above is from Legere’s January 2017 announcement, and is still on the T-mobile.com web site. As a precaution, I printed the announcement out, and downloaded a copy of the announcement to my laptop.

Userlevel 2

For the T-Mobile ONE Plans, this is the page they promised to not raise rates (yes, it’s been backed up in case T-Mobile removes it): https://www.t-mobile.com/news/press/un-carrier-next and this is the back up link for when this page is eventually removed: https://web.archive.org/web/20240522124949/https://www.t-mobile.com/news/press/un-carrier-next

Thanks! So this announced price increase may NOT affect the T-Mobile ONE Unlimited 55+ plans.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks! So this announced price increase may NOT affect the T-Mobile ONE Unlimited 55+ plans.

From what I’ve read, and seen, this DOES effect the T-Mobile ONE Unlimited 55+, which is unfortunate as a lot of people on those plans are on a fixed income.. 

So because of this price hike can I leave TMobile without worrying about the device installments??

Userlevel 1
Badge

Nothing like weasel words to re-define your core values.  T&C and FAQs are re-defining what they really meant by price lock guarantees.  We only meant it for certain plans that were activated in certain time frames, by certain people.  And if you don’t like it, you can move on and we’ll cover your last two months.  We guarantee you will be the one who decides if you stay with us, and pay more or move on to another carrier. 

T-Mobile is raising prices on several of its plans - The Verge

Mobile service is now just another commodity, were you shop around annually for the best deal.  No loyalty required, just rinse and repeat.  

Badge

Same for me, $5 more per line. I will be looking elsewhere. 

Userlevel 4

I have now submitted the “story” to Fox Business and requested that they follow up with a story to help us hold T-Mobile accountable for their contract to customers.  Perhaps some of you could follow up with similar requests to CNBC, New York Times, or other large news outlets.  I’m hopeful they’ll jump at the chance to sell this story.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Kinda … the ‘Price lock guarantee’ basically means:

“We’ll pay off your last month of service ‘if’ you let us know within 60 days as we will port you to another carrier if you don’t like it”

Starting January 18, 2024, customers activating or switching to an eligible rate plan get our Price Lock guarantee that only you can change what you pay—and we mean it! To show just how serious we are, if we were to make a price change and you decide to leave, just let us know within 60 days and we’ll cover the cost of your final month’s recurring service charges.

You already cost twice as much as anyone else. I'm going to look for another provider. Consumer cellular here I come. Good job T-Mobile you lost my 100.00 a month