Solved

Price Lock

Show first post

290 replies

It sounds like the Magenta plans are safe for now and it's the Simple Choice and One plans plus the grandfathered Sprint plans.

Going to be either a $2 a line or $5 a line increase depending on the plan.

I have a magenta plan and just got the price increase text

Userlevel 3
Badge

Everyone should open up a complaint with the FCC. It will take 5 minutes or less.

Do you have the link to FCC complaint option?

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

Userlevel 2

Just finished filing my complaint with the FCC.  I had a very favorable impression of T-Mobile until today.  Now I know what was hiding behind the curtain -- unethical leadership.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Just finished filing my complaint with the FCC.  I had a very favorable impression of T-Mobile until today.  Now I know what was hiding behind the curtain -- unethical leadership.

I agree, even when I had worked for a competitor, I kept my T-Mobile service and would still recommend T-Mobile to my family rather than the competitor that I was working for at the time. I have since shifted my career into an entirely different field as I can’t stand what carriers are doing to consumers any longer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

TBH, if you have a ‘price lock’ , and it is not being honored by T-Mobile reps, start with filing a BBB complaint or FCC/PUC.  “Plan is retired” doesn’t mean anything.  

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans/price-lock-faqs

TBH, the ‘price lock’ also doesn’t mean anything..

To show just how serious we are, if we were to make a price change and you decide to leave, just let us know within 60 days and we’ll cover the cost of your final month’s recurring service charges.

Basically they’re telling you “We’re serious … but not really”.  We’ll just cover your last 2 months of ‘recurring charges’ (monthly service), and port/cancel you.  You’ll still be on the hook if you have a device payment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

The “Uncarrier” has become .. just another carrier.  I recall when I had an AT&T plan ‘for life’.  It wasn’t either.  T-Mobile’s “Price Lock”, however is effectively immoral, as it does nothing 

You may also want to hit up the BBB.

Userlevel 3
Badge

The “Uncarrier” has become .. just another carrier.  I recall when I had an AT&T plan ‘for life’.  It wasn’t either.  T-Mobile’s “Price Lock”, however is effectively immoral, as it does nothing 

I dealt with consumers when AT&T did this not too long ago, and they at least gave them an extra 10GB of HotSpot due to loosing HBO as part of their Elite plan. T-Mobile has offered nothing in exchange for the increases. Maybe a “StarLink connectivity will be included with all T-Mobile plans by the end of 2024 and that’s the reasoning for the increase in price”, but it’s not. And that still would violate the Price Lock Guarantee. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks for the link.  I filed a complaint also.  I will also hit up the BBB if I get no satisfaction

I filed my complaint with the FCC!

It occurred to me that 2 of my lines are free lines added to my plan over the years and they now plan to charge 5.00 on those lines. HOW??????!!!!! 

I have 2 T-Mobile plans. One with 8 lines (plus car tracker with T-Mobile Sync up Drive), and another with 3 lines.

This means that I would be giving T-Mobile more than $500 extra per year.

Looks like an FCC complaint is appropriate, I have done complaints against Verizon Wireless, Verizon FiOS, and At&t with success for numerous things like hidden fees tacked on, not being reimbursed for days I had no services, customer service reps tacking on extra things on my account so they get a better commission at my expense, etc. 

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a class action but if it happens the settlement amount will basically be a small dent in comparison to the extra money we'd pay to T-Mobile in the long run.

Logged my complaint just now and shared link with friends I recruited to T-Mobile. 

I just filed with the FCC as well. When I called TMobile, I was told since I didn’t have a written contract, they could change rates anytime they wished. I pointed out their long-term promise of no rate change, but obviously didn’t do any good. So much for a “promise made is a promise kept.” I’m looking for alternatives. 

Userlevel 1

I believe all Utilities are regulated by the state. Everyone should also file a complaint with the California Public Utilities Commission immediately. 

Maybe it’s time I switch back to Straight Talk 🤔 for phone service and try out that fiber optic Internet service with Wyyred. 🧐 

https://www.straighttalk.com

https://www.wyyerd.com

Userlevel 1

I'm willing to join a class action suit. T Mobile services have been less than stellar over the last several months.  I call once or twice a month regarding connectivity issues. They deliberately slow down my speed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

It occurred to me that 2 of my lines are free lines added to my plan over the years and they now plan to charge 5.00 on those lines. HOW??????!!!!! 

Don’t be surprised if it actually ends up … more.

$5/line for … auto pay discount will be gone, I suspect.  

Userlevel 3
Badge

Don’t be surprised if it actually ends up … more.

$5/line for … auto pay discount will be gone, I suspect.  

They already forced us to use a debit card for the AutoPay discount when T-Mobile is notorious for data breaches. Still pay with my credit card for the extra points back, but I don’t want my debit card on file. 

Userlevel 2

My plan originated in 2018 as a guaranteed no price increase ”Grandfathered” for life plan.  The agent I am now speaking with is telling me that “Grandfathered” just means an “Older plan” that I have and that it is retired and that is all it means and guarantees nothing  This is definitely a breach of contract.They are refusing to escalate to an executive team member and will only give me a p.o. box in Albuquerque, NM.  They were unable to review the terms of my contract with me telling me to just go online at T-Mobile and review it myself.

They gave me this generic info and were unable to assist further. 

T-Mobile Wireless

P.O. Box 37380

Albuquerque, NM

They appeared not to understand what the term “Granfathered” means.  This is the worst service I have ever received from T-Mobile.  I am complaining to the FTC and the consumer protection bureau about this.  I am calling Verizon as we speak to find out what their price plans are as well.  I have lost faith and all my trust in T-Mobile.

Userlevel 2

Everyone should open up a complaint with the FCC. It will take 5 minutes or less.

Thanks. Just file my complaint.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks. Just file my complaint.

Each person on your phone plan can file a complaint as well in addition to us. 

Userlevel 4

I have just completed the submittal of my complaint to the FCC.  Let’s inundate them with DETAILED complaints.  This is obvious breach of contract by T-Mobile, and we need to stand against it.

Userlevel 2

I have just completed the submittal of my complaint to the FCC.  Let’s inundate them with DETAILED complaints.  This is obvious breach of contract by T-Mobile, and we need to stand against it.

I sent them documentation from the original website info on the plan where it says the price only changes if the customer changes or opts out of their plan, plus the chat support transcript to me when I signed on, saying the same thing.

Userlevel 3

I’ve had 2 lines on the T-Mobile One 55+ plan for $60/month since it came out, and that’s going to be increasing by $5/line, or $70/month on my next bill. I can still remember the John Leger commercial introducing the plan, proclaiming that the only one who could change my price is me. The company was much more consumer friendly under Legere. I can see a couple of things happening now… a DOJ fraud investigation into T-Mobile for breach of “un-contract”, and possibly a class action suit being filed against T-Mobile. As John Legere would say, “This is bullshit!”

Userlevel 3

Time to shop around.  I too bragged that I had $60/month for two lines locked in for life.  I’ll go with someone else just to prove a point.

Userlevel 1

Please post documentation so that I can submit with FCC complaint and CPUC complaint 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Per their T&Cs, prices locks are to stay in place so you as you remain a customer in good standing...

If you are on a price-lock guaranteed Rate Plan, we will not increase your monthly recurring Service charge (“Recurring Charge”) for the period that applies to your Rate Plan, or if no specific period applies, for as long as you continuously remain a customer in good standing on a qualifying Rate Plan. If you switch plans, the price-lock guarantee for your new Rate Plan will apply (if there is one). The price-lock guarantee is limited to your Recurring Charge and does not include, for example, add-on features, taxes, surcharges, fees, or charges for extra Features or Devices.