Solved

5G or 4G or 2G Signal coverage issue.

• 6 February 2024
  • 10 replies

Badge

I am located in 39 SCHOOL ST ASHBURNHAM. According to the official website, this area is covered by 5G, but in reality, my phone cannot connect to the network. There is no 5G, no 4G, no 2G, and I can't even make phone calls. All my colleagues and students who use T-Mobile SIM cards are facing the same issue, regardless of the brand of their phones. Can engineers please consider enhancing the power of the base station to resolve this issue? Otherwise, we will have to file a complaint.

icon

Best answer by formercanuck 13 February 2024, 05:04

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

seeing as how numerous people on different accounts are running into this are you sure it isnt an outage?

the fact that it isnt only affecting data or calls but all the above points to network issues..which you’ll need to contact TMO and have them put in a network ticket for you and that area.

Badge

seeing as how numerous people on different accounts are running into this are you sure it isnt an outage?

the fact that it isnt only affecting data or calls but all the above points to network issues..which you’ll need to contact TMO and have them put in a network ticket for you and that area.

Of course it's not a power outage. This situation has been going on for over a year. I only posted to complain about it yesterday because I couldn't stand it anymore. If the official website's signal coverage map hadn't marked this area as a 5G coverage zone, I wouldn't have said anything. But it's clearly marked, and for over a year there's been no basic signal at all, and it's the same for everyone. This is obviously false advertising.

Badge

This is the signal coverage map of the area on the official website, which obviously does not match the actual situation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

It is great that you have been able to talk with others in the area and confirm that this issue is not just happening to you alone. In order to get engineers looking at the situation, you would need to contact one of our support teams and have them file a ticket for that address. Most people on this Community like to reach out via Facebook or X by selecting the icon at the bottom of this page and sending a direct message to the T-Mobile Help account. You can also message us through your T-Mobile app or call 611 from your handset. I would encourage as many people as possible to file that ticket because more reports=more urgency. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Has this area had coverage in the past ?  I’d like to assume yes, if others are noticing the issue.

Otherwise, FCC has also posted a new map which appears to have tagged some areas as 5G Extended range , but have … no service.

See the post below.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Using the fccs coverage map… you're effectively in / at No Serice border.   Welcome to TMobile rural service

Badge

We have Excellent signal strength (zip 24401), and is indicated 4G on our interface tower. About a year ago I observed 5G on the screen. But after a week or two, it reverted back to 4G. What happened?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

5g may be from another tower.  Also, the 5g indicator isn't 100% accurate for 5g connection.

Eg.  With only lte B2, B66 and B71 and a non TMobile band on 5g enabled, 5g indicator can go on.

Looks like some newer 5g coverage according to cellmapper. 

Badge

Thanks. Is there a way (or an app) I can use to see what you’re are saying? I’m an engineer (but not an EE), and am curious about the technology. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

That depends…

Android had this one built in on Samsung devices.  Similarly,  apps like Signal Check Pro and cellmapper exist.  Not many for iphone besides the built in tool