Question

ADS on my Modem, & other issues

• 26 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

In addition to all of my other problems that have me constantly rebooting my gateway, I am seeing ads come up trying to sell me insurance, etc. Sometimes even using another person name, as if they had this gateway! Then it says, type END to unsubscribe. How exactly you do this on a modem?!! Service dropping, and rapid fire IP address changes have cost me hours every day for weeks. Have to call HULU 5 to 10 x a day now to reset my zip code to an IP address, then it changes 30 minutes later, and back on the phone I go. Internet has been out 5 mornings out 7 this week. Drops out a minimum of 4 x a day. Does TM even care to attempt to sustain this service? Or just blame Hulu, and every other tv provider, etc. This is a TM architecture problem. Network was clearly NOT ready to handle the customer load.  I have heard the same excuses over and over again regarding poor internet connectivity. The ENGINEERS accidentally moved me to a new tower. They just “cleared the backlog”.  Goes out again the next day. Over all of it, really. Going to look elsewhere for decent service.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is why I stuck with Cox cable in Phoenix but I take that your Hulu issue is because you have Hulu Live with locals? When Locast was still up and running I always had an issue with the TV’s on Cox wifi was showing LA local channels instead of Phoenix and it's because of how the ip address reads.

As for using my tmobile data from my phone my default area shows as Destin, CA not Phoenix, AZ when looking at certain websites et al, Lowes or Home Depot.

Badge

Yep, live tv streaming with Hulu. This rapid fire changing of the ip addresses has become a HUGE problem over the last 2 weeks. Prior to this, it was sporadic, maybe once a month or less.. I have reset every possible setting of my home network, disabled my VPN, dumped everything out, rebuilt all info on the tv, etc. That, and the constant service outages have taken their toll on this holiday time.  Now, I have to call Hulu again, and see what ip addresses come up now. But, I know this isn’t the last call for the night. I am tracking the ip addresses thru 3 different websites, and they have all agreed with the same address ONE time, but they all 3 had different ones, 2 minutes later.. I think I will try out Xfinity next. I won’t go Comcast for all services, because I have learned the hard way to keep separate companies for my internet, my tv providers, & my cellphones. No bundling for me ever, again. Centurylink 20mg service was really only good for 8 to 10mbps, and that was on a good day. When I dumped both Directv and Dish, and went to streaming services, I went to TM for internet. Was great for a while, but not now. Satellite internet providers are no good here, so the options are very slim. Right now I have Consumer Cellular, and they ride on TM & AT&T. We had picked TM, because AT&T sucked so bad here. But now, when the service dumps from TM internet, our cell service is unusable too. I will be changing that to AT&T on Monday! I am just so over this situation!