Question

Anybody else have wifi issues near Kansas City?

• 15 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

My home WiFi has been horrible the last 3 days & now it's so bad I can't stream anything or use my WiFi on my cell. My phones won't ring when customer service tries to call me back as well. So frustrating. Been on hold for customer service multiple times today. Am on hold again now, 30 mins so far

2 replies

Not in KC, but yeah, I tried their home internet and it was great for a week and then suddenly it went out. I could throw a tennis ball from my house to T-Mobile tower, so my phone coverage is PERFECT. I called them 5x over the course of a week to fix it or replace the modem, all I got was weird excuses. First one, was they are doing work on the tower. HOW does that effect my internet when my phone works? The next one, was they had to delay the work because there’s a “nest” on the tower. After that it was runarounds. I finally had enough and cancelled the service. TERRIBLE. I went back to Xfinity, guess what, Xfinity brought me back for $50 a month just like T-Mobile was charging me with their intro offer, only Xfinity works beautifully. T-Mobile home internet is a complete sham!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Not in KC, but yeah, I tried their home internet and it was great for a week and then suddenly it went out. I could throw a tennis ball from my house to T-Mobile tower, so my phone coverage is PERFECT. I called them 5x over the course of a week to fix it or replace the modem, all I got was weird excuses. First one, was they are doing work on the tower. HOW does that effect my internet when my phone works? The next one, was they had to delay the work because there’s a “nest” on the tower. After that it was runarounds. I finally had enough and cancelled the service. TERRIBLE. I went back to Xfinity, guess what, Xfinity brought me back for $50 a month just like T-Mobile was charging me with their intro offer, only Xfinity works beautifully. T-Mobile home internet is a complete sham!

because the signal for home net isnt the same one as your phone uses..main reason why there will be TMO coverage within an area but home net isnt available in that area yet..it has yet to be deployed. if the home net antenna or whatever there has an issue you usually wont see it affecting the phones side unless the tower is fully down for whatever reaason ( power outage, fiber line cut etc)